THE NEW Miscellaneous Talk That Doesn't Deserve A New Thread Thread Thread (Part 1)

yeah that’s pretty much the same reason i don’t want to join.
as well as (i would imagine) pretty much everyone else’s reason.

That’s fair.

With a CLA the association has rights to the source code (not full exclusive rights, but enough to make a steam release possible).
What I’m trying to convey is that there is large impact on Thrive, if the association experiences a hostile take over. Which I’m sure there are ways to fight, but simply by just having large enough member base I think the chance of it ever being possible goes drastically down.

1 Like

I would prefer to join the Association when/if I do something other than help with the translation or editing the wiki (which I haven’t updated in a while).

There is also Oncpapa’s argument, which I agree with.

[EDIT: Actually I’m learning how to program right now and I just realized how dumb I am]

5 Likes

We gettin underwater civilizations now, obviously practical…
Stellaris: Aquatics Species Pack | Announcement Trailer | Wishlist Now - YouTube

7 Likes

From the lowly tidepools of your home planet, you will rise to cosmic dominance

Speaking of learning programming, I’m starting to learn how to use Source 2 tools (mainly Hammer and a bit of Lua programming with HL: Alyx API). I’m aiming to make a gamemode and a map for S&Box, but I actually need proof I’m worthy (e.g. example maps, projects, etc.) and that requires experience, which I’m accumulating whenever I have free time from school work, which is getting exceedingly rare week by week despite how few classes I have.

1 Like

Its Friday!

Friday, Friday, gotta get down on Friday.

I have homework due tomorrow and work today. For me Friday is tiring.

2 Likes

I thought everybody forgot about this song.

I think that the thrive steam release will bring way more popularity to thrive, (hopefully). I think we should expect to see some more new faces when this happens!
Its going to be exiting seeing early multicellular stage coming into existence as well.

1 Like

I’m expecting PewDiePie, Markiplier and Jacksepticeye to make one video to test the game.

A boy can dream i guess

1 Like

I don’t know about PewDiePie or Jacksepticeye since they don’t really play a lot of video games and they really do the big releases, markpiler is most likely since he doing a series on smaller weird simulator games. but I feel it would take the 1.0 release before any big youtubers to cover the game

1 Like

Sure, Markiplier seems very likely for this kind of game. Although, I never said they would review the game right after the Steam release. Eh, anyway…

What’s that?

reactions go brrrr
thats what it is

I see it perfectly normally? Perhaps you need to refresh or maybe some cached things didn’t get updated correctly on your end?

Nevermind, it got corrected.

I wonder what everybody’s favorite stage will be once its released…

• Microbe!
  • Multicellular!
  • Aware!
  • Awakening!
  • Society!
  • Industrial!
  • Space!

0 voters

Remember, People will see what you vote for :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Why is the poll muti-choice if we can only pick one?