THE NEW Miscellaneous Talk That Doesn't Deserve A New Thread Thread Thread (Part 1)

A nice story
It might be weird at times
But thats expected when dealing with AI

1 Like

What AI did you use to generate it?

NovelAI, is paid but has a free trial of 50 inputs

I also use AIdungeon sometimes, but the AI ​​is dumber

There’s also dreamily, which is free and ad-free, but not very good for sci fi stories

Holy belgium I’m addicted to AI stuff

I decided to check out NovelAI made an alternate history story using it.

Alternate history story

It is 1939 and World War Two has just begun and the axis and the allies are at war on the side of the allies are Britain, France, Canada, Australia, New Zealand and India. The axis are Germany, Italy, Japan, Spain, Portugal and Argentina. In 1940 in Europe the Germans have invaded Poland and Russia has joined the fight against them but they haven’t got many soldiers and so far can only hold a small area of land that they call East Prussia for now.

In Asia the Japanese have attacked China, Burma (now called Myanmar) and Malaya. The Chinese are struggling to resist as they don’t have any proper army to start with. The British and Russians are fighting back hard but they still haven’t been able to break through to the Japanese mainland. The Americans are also helping out in China.

On the other side of the world, America has made a pact with the Soviet Union and is now at war with Germany and Italy. They’re trying to push them back into their own countries.

In 1941, Hitler has ordered his army to invade Russia which is very difficult because it’s winter. Also the Russian army has dug deep trenches behind their cities and so the German tanks can’t get past them easily. The Russian army is fighting back too and they’ve managed to stop some of the German troops from getting through.

The Japanese are also trying to take over Australia and New Zealand. Australia is being run by an English officer called General Sir John Monash who has lots of soldiers under his command. He uses tactics such as ‘shock and awe’ and he gets more and more territory for himself.

In 1944, the Germans are losing ground fast to both the Russians and the Americans but they have managed to gain some new territory and are now close to Moscow. However, the Russians are now pushing them back hard and they look like they might win the war.

In 1945, the Americans have landed in Normandy and they’ve beaten the Germans. They’ve taken Paris and they’re going to head north towards Berlin in the next few days. On the Japanese side, they’re still fighting hard but they’re about to lose the war.

In 1946, Germany has been occupied by the Russians and most of its army has surrendered. The Allies have agreed to leave one division in Germany to keep order until a new government can be set up. In 1947 the Japanese surrender and the war is finished. The USA, United Kingdom, Russia and China now control the whole world. There are now five superpowers that are competing against each other to become the strongest. In 1948, the communists take power in China and they’re spreading communist rule all over Asia. Most people believe that communism will spread all over the world.

The USSR has been supporting the Chinese communists and so it looks like they’ll soon be taking over China completely.

America’s support for India also makes them powerful.

Britain has been rebuilding its army after the war and it’s now stronger than ever before. It’s the third biggest country in the world.

Japan has been rebuilt from scratch and now has a big navy and airforce. In 1949 they’re holding Taiwan which was once part of Japan. This is an important victory for them and gives them military superiority over China and South Korea.

Germany has been rebuilt and now has a huge army and navy. In 1950 they go to war with Austria and then with Italy. They’re trying to take back some of their lost territories. They’re joined by the Italian army and together they defeat the Austrians and Italians.

France has been rebuilding since the war. It has a strong army and airforce that could beat any country in the world.

China is the biggest country in Asia. It’s ruled by Mao Zedong and he’s very keen on communism. In in 1951-1960 China becomes one of the world’s superpowers. In 1952, they take Vietnam and Laos. Then in 1956 they invade Korea. China’s army is good but it doesn’t have much armour or artillery. In in the 1960s, China joins the US in the Korean War and they make a huge breakthrough by capturing the city of Seoul. After that the war ends quickly.

India has been growing in power slowly and quietly. It has a lot of money and it’s a democracy. In the 1970s, India begins to build a large army and navy. It takes over Pakistan in 1965 when it’s weak and easy to defeat. In 1971, India invades Bangladesh and starts to expand its borders.

South Africa is an apartheid state. In the 1980s it still has a black majority and it hasn’t stopped yet. In 1988 it goes to war with Angola and South Africa gains control of the country. In 1989 Nelson Mandela becomes president and changes everything.

In 1991 Iraq attacks Kuwait and America gets involved to defend it. This causes lots of problems.

The USSR breaks up in 1991 and the new countries form alliances with each other. One of these is Russia which is allied to China and North Korea. Another is the UK which is allied to America and Canada. The smaller countries get left behind.

In 1992, America, Russia and the UK join forces to put pressure on North Korea. They send a ship to collect North Koreans and bring them to South Korea. In 1993-1999, the three superpowers try to keep the peace by sending troops to different places around the world. In 1994, China, Russia and North Korea attack South Korea. China wins this war and takes South Korea back. In the 2000s, China’s economy continues to grow. They also invade Vietnam and Tibet. In 2005, China takes Taiwan and makes it part of China again. In the 2010s

A new super power has risen in the world. It’s called the Islamic State and it controls parts of Iraq and Syria. Its leader is the man known as Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi. They’re trying to create an Islamic caliphate that will stretch from Turkey to India. In 2020, they’re defeated by the American army and they retreat to their capital city of Raqqa.

In 2021, Europe has come together and there is now a single European army. The UK has decided to stay with the EU. In January-August 2022, America and Russia continue to increase their military spending. In November-December that year, Russia launches an invasion of Ukraine and Georgia. The American government decides to use nuclear weapons instead of conventional ones to stop Russia’s advance.

Map

1 Like

Everyone’s gangster until hydration does another septendecuple post in the downtime notices thread

3 Likes

I don’t know if this is the right place to post this, I don’t think this needs its own topic, but I had a dream last night about macroscopic gameplay and it was really cool. This makes me excited for the future of this stage, and I’ll have to see how close it is to my dream! In my dream my being was just swimming in a 3D environment, and I was nervous about my creature getting snuck up on and eaten, but it was pretty surreal and amazing! Again, I don’t know if this is the right place to post this, but I don’t know where else to. But maybe this is a good sign of things to come?

1 Like

Pretty sure theres a thread for dreams
But since this is kinda off topic
Imma move it to the misc thread

Damn, I’m missing so much action these days. I’ve been in depression for quite a while and I can feel it degrading my brain overtime. It’s becoming more and more difficult to think things through or even to remember things. I can’t even remember my dreams properly anymore.

8 Likes

How much water are you drinking?
How much sleep are you getting?
How much exercise are you getting?

These are all factors that contribute to those things.
And yes, lack of any of these can cause depression.

3 Likes

One thing that bothers me is that sometimes lightning sky god of greeks is called Deus and other times it’s Zeus.

Zeus is the actual Greek mythology name, the only other alternate I have ever heard is the Roman form Jupiter

Where’d you hear Deus?

Deus is our friend’s in forum name.

Isnt Deus referring to God?

Deus is God in Latin and portuguese

1 Like

I’m quite sure that his profile picture it’s “The creation of Adam”, and that isn’t zeus.

Deus is just God in latin. IIRC God was styled off of zeus to make him more appealing to pagans.

:face_with_raised_eyebrow: I disagree with this.

Anyway watching the hobbit rn. It’s been a while since I read the books, but I noticed that Bilbo didn’t have the conversation that spanned multiple days with Smaug. Anyone else seen the movie?

I’ve seen them. And in it (as far as I remember) the whole Bilbo-Smaug encounter is not that long. This is the first time I’m hearing that it was supposed to take days. I’m currently reading the LOTR books and I can easily imagine the Hobbit movie also cut out and changed a ton of stuff about the story and characters.

1 Like

I might be misremembering the books, I thought it took a few days (or at least longer than it did) but it’s been 6 years since I read the book.

You’re right they prolly also cut it short for movie purposes

Advanced underwater civs are possible. You can reach industrial age without metallurgy. Just use Hydrothermal vents to run your factories and then try to find some way to store power and then produce enough heat. Wires and batteries can be a problem so remember to throw car batteries into the ocean so the electric eels can recharge.