THE NEW Miscellaneous Talk That Doesn't Deserve A New Thread Thread Thread (Part 1)

I didn’t mean it as a confirmation, it was separate to my previous statement.

Sorry! I didn’t mean it to come off like that! I meant it to come off like I’m shocked and worried about what happened. I guess I failed to do that.

Ok, I’ll try to avoid posting about extreme weather and I’ll try to limit it to just one post stating the general situation of the event and linking stuff that helps to track the event.

1 Like

It might seem silly as a question, but is it possible to DIY a wireless vr headset? I’ve seen plenty of people who have built DIY SteamVR headsets, but none of them is wireless. Is WiGig reserved to corporate entities only?

Doesn’t seem like it…

It probably just because it much harder to do it good than wired

I don’t know why, but i want to write something here.
Ok, i did it. Suppose, my exercises to be… to be are finished. Thanks for being active, maybe goodbye until new period of activity here¯⁠\⁠_⁠(⁠ツ⁠)⁠_⁠/⁠¯

2 Likes

hey is there a place where i can download an older version of thrive like 0.2.2 and 0.2.3 and 0.2.4

I’m sure I posted the link already on the forums, but I couldn’t find it so I posted it again in this thread where it makes sense to be: Asking about the old Thrive versions - #7 by hhyyrylainen

sry, i have to do it also here:

1 Like

Do a quick Google search about Roko’s Basilisk.

boo

if you do what trappist wants you to, also just google search the same guy telling you a way to defeat it

Roko’s basilisk is just god for tech bros

I just lost the game.

good to see more people on the forums

4 Likes

Stable Diffusion on huggingface.com

1 Like

How can AI make the grass or butterflies so realistic, but not the faces?

you’re telling me this doesnt look realistic?
if you are, you’d be right…

1 Like

It’s probably something to do with that it likely has reference images for many types of butterflies, but not every single persons every expression when generating random people with expressions

1 Like

1 Like

This is almost video game quality but the eyes are always weirder

A large part of it is humans are really really good at telling when faces look off. A butterfly might have a lot of weirdness, but we see nothing wrong. In faces that just doesn’t happen. Faces also have a lot of diversity, and for a model to capture that while messing nothing up is hard. Also, some models do really well with them, but others just don’t.

5 Likes

Just remembered Loab…

2 Likes