THE NEW Miscellaneous Talk That Doesn't Deserve A New Thread Thread Thread (Part 1)

Finland does actually get tornadoes. Though they aren’t common and there other dangers in the first half basically don’t happen there. Most hurricanes that hit Europe do so after transitioning into so called European Windstorms, thus they are no longer hurricanes when they hit, but Southern Europe is at risk of hurricane-like Mediterranean Cyclones which can reach up to CAT-2 windspeeds.

Map of tornado reports in Finland for period of 2000.01.01 – 2022.11.28 | Source: ESWD
https://www.youtube.com/shorts/dBJIfkjrXdE

They’re from Brazil iirc

Brazil does get bad weather too. But Brazil Is a big country and weather is different in different places. It’s also true that there is no other place quite like the US when it comes to tornadoes.

You’re both right and wrong. Depends on how you look at Europe. No region is truly a single region but is made out of an infinite amount of other smaller regions.

Still, actually dangerous storms similarly to what tornadoes are in the USA are extremely rare. I tried googling about tornadoes in Finland and one of the first things I found was a news article from 2013 saying that the last proper lethal tornado was in 1932

So I’m not more worried about storms now than I was a few hours earlier.

That’s what I meant when I said this. But honestly it wasn’t clear enough.
Finland is lucky in this regard (having only 6 tornadoes this year, and all of them waterspouts), unfortunately this can’t be said about some other European countries, like France, Germany or Poland, where tornadoes are a very real yet often overlooked hazard. Honestly I think this entire discussion (starting from @Trappist-1e’s comment about not being in a bad weather prone area and including the very short talk about wether Europe is a region or not) should be moved to the MWD thread.

But you have \text{POLITICIANS}. You’re doomed.

(yes, I’m using LaTeX to replace bold text)

You can also just make it brighter. That’s what I do.

I just got a rare Apple IIc Plus from the same woman who gave me the hamster!
It needs some cables and cleaning, though.

6 Likes

YOOOO, THAT’S COOOL!

2 Likes

I know, right? I can’t wait to be able to use it!

1 Like

you should use your toaster in order to boost its ram and cpu by 2x

1 Like

Ten people are online but no new posts are being made

I am doing school sir I am far too busy to do such frivolous things. I used them to trick myself into not doing any work and now have multiple essays due the day after tomorrow i haven’t written.

I also have essays due, I should be doing them right now but I can’t think of what to write

I should be doing school stuff but am working on my forum game lol

stream of consciousness or BS, whichever works better.

I should be cooking for a project in school. Yall are unlucky having to write essays

Cooking? Are you going to a Chef school or taking courses or something?

No, just making traditional Igbo food for an AP World project about West African cultures