THE NEW Miscellaneous Talk That Doesn't Deserve A New Thread Thread Thread (Part 1)

Ok, now. I see. Sorry for my misunderstanding.

1 Like

๐‚๐จ๐ง๐ ๐ซ๐š๐ญ๐ฎ๐ฅ๐š๐ญ๐ข๐จ๐ง๐ฌ, ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐ฐ๐ž๐ซ๐ž ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐Ÿ‘๐ŸŽ๐ŸŽ๐ŸŽ๐ญ๐ก ๐ฉ๐ž๐ซ๐ฌ๐จ๐ง ๐ญ๐จ ๐ฉ๐จ๐ฌ๐ญ ๐ข๐ง ๐ญ๐ก๐ข๐ฌ ๐ญ๐ก๐ซ๐ž๐š๐!

Click in the link below and win $1000000.

2 Likes

i know that link! you canโ€™t trick me! iโ€™m not gonna get rickrolled!

EDIT: wow 7 people got rickrolled! how?! i warned you!

4 Likes

Rickrollโ€™d :sunglasses:
Btw goodbye @Untrustedlife

1 Like

??? What do you mean?

2 Likes

UntrustedLife is retiring from Thrive

5 Likes

Stay strong remaining devs, were still with you!

1 Like

please press f to pay your respect.

You guys better start applying to the team soon, otherwise thereโ€™ll be no one to read your applications.

Iโ€™m only partly joking

4 Likes

I might apply to make art once Iโ€™m better at digital. (I know thatโ€™s not what youโ€™re talking about but Iโ€™m ass at programming and I donโ€™t know the first thing about game design)

Iโ€™ll probably join later on when Iโ€™ve had C++ at uni. Currently, I donโ€™t know jack squat, and currently weโ€™re in a selection module so no.

Why not start now (if you have the time)? By the time the courses come around you could already know the material and easily ace the courses while helping with thrive faster.

2 Likes

Most likely not as a programer but as theorist and also I dont have a lot to think about
So most likely not. Or maybe?

2 Likes

Believe me, this module I truly do not have time. Since this study has a drop-out rate of 30-40% they decided to crank up the difficulty in this module to near the end of the study so you can see if you can โ€˜handleโ€™ it, but if you take into account the fact that you have to reach your BSA by failing a maximum of 1 module the first year if you do not want to get booted, time is not something I have a lot of right now.

1 Like

Totally understandable, sounds pretty hardcore that you can get kicked out of the program by failing a couple of things. We donโ€™t have anything like that, we just have a very generous time limit (I think itโ€™s like 2 or 3 extra years on top of the expected graduation time), in which we need to get all the courses done required for a degree.
Iโ€™d be probably almost alone in my degree programme if people were thrown out if they failed 2 things.

1 Like

It only applies to the first year though, if you pass that year I actually donโ€™t know how long you have to finish it, I know people that are in their fifth year and will likely have to do a sixth year for a study that โ€˜shouldโ€™ take around three years.

The issue is that the study is just pretty damn difficult in general, and the system with the second module and how you have to pass at least 3 modules total in the first year (with 4 modules per year) is pretty necessary if you donโ€™t want the 30% to drop out in their last half, so the uni decided to take this course of action. (If you have a good excuse theyโ€™re pretty lenient in giving you an extension period to reach the three, for example if you have proof of depression or exculpatory environments, like your parents going through a divorce in the first year or something.)

2 Likes
oof, well I just have 4 courses to make it easier for me, although Iโ€™m probably failing 2 courses this session because I havenโ€™t been practising my exercising so much. I think there is no time limit at my college as Iโ€™ve seen people who have been there for 7 years.

Your program seems very tough, though.

I wonder if a Miscellaneous Art Thread would be a good idea, for stuff that isnโ€™t explicitly Thrive art?
Nevertheless, Iโ€™ve done it again:

My favorite rendition of my profile picture so far. And yes, I put fingers on a stick figure, but I tried to make them as non-invasive to the eyes as I could. Like last time, I stuck with geometric shapes, and revamped the scepter. Iโ€™m really happy with how this turned out, I may even make it my new profile picture if I feel the need.

5 Likes

This looks really good, and a miscellaneous art thread sounds like a great idea

3 Likes
Goodbye, @Untrustedlife. You will neโ€™er be forgotten!
2 Likes