THE NEW Miscellaneous Talk That Doesn't Deserve A New Thread Thread Thread (Part 1)

my name is a mystery that i have not yet solved so i can’t join

Is there a reason why we should want to join?

Well having more people means that for example if someone wants to troll the project by getting their friend group to join and then vote on nonsensical stuff, they are less likely to succeed. So overall it makes sure that you get to vote on the important association decisions. And for me it gives me peace of mind if more really enthusiastic people about Thrive join.

3 Likes

Life, coding, politics, ect

what nonsensical stuff?
i don’t understand why nonsensical stuff would even be on the voting board if its obviously nonsensical.

Any agenda items can be requested (AFAIK) by the association members. So the trolls will be able to at least require a vote to happen. And then if they actually outnumber the people who don’t want to ruin Thrive, that’s going to be really troublesome.

1 Like

well if they’re trolls then they probably don’t know how to code and don’t have access to the game’s code, so even if they win it wouldn’t really matter.

Because it’s a legal contract that I don’t know the full ramifications of, and requires me to disclose my identity, whilst all I want to do is spectate and discuss the project.

1 Like

yeah that’s pretty much the same reason i don’t want to join.
as well as (i would imagine) pretty much everyone else’s reason.

That’s fair.

With a CLA the association has rights to the source code (not full exclusive rights, but enough to make a steam release possible).
What I’m trying to convey is that there is large impact on Thrive, if the association experiences a hostile take over. Which I’m sure there are ways to fight, but simply by just having large enough member base I think the chance of it ever being possible goes drastically down.

1 Like

I would prefer to join the Association when/if I do something other than help with the translation or editing the wiki (which I haven’t updated in a while).

There is also Oncpapa’s argument, which I agree with.

[EDIT: Actually I’m learning how to program right now and I just realized how dumb I am]

5 Likes

We gettin underwater civilizations now, obviously practical…
Stellaris: Aquatics Species Pack | Announcement Trailer | Wishlist Now - YouTube

7 Likes

From the lowly tidepools of your home planet, you will rise to cosmic dominance

Speaking of learning programming, I’m starting to learn how to use Source 2 tools (mainly Hammer and a bit of Lua programming with HL: Alyx API). I’m aiming to make a gamemode and a map for S&Box, but I actually need proof I’m worthy (e.g. example maps, projects, etc.) and that requires experience, which I’m accumulating whenever I have free time from school work, which is getting exceedingly rare week by week despite how few classes I have.

1 Like

Its Friday!

Friday, Friday, gotta get down on Friday.

I have homework due tomorrow and work today. For me Friday is tiring.

2 Likes

I thought everybody forgot about this song.

I think that the thrive steam release will bring way more popularity to thrive, (hopefully). I think we should expect to see some more new faces when this happens!
Its going to be exiting seeing early multicellular stage coming into existence as well.

1 Like

I’m expecting PewDiePie, Markiplier and Jacksepticeye to make one video to test the game.

A boy can dream i guess

1 Like