THE NEW Miscellaneous Talk That Doesn't Deserve A New Thread Thread Thread (Part 1)

seems wildly inefficient but at the same time absolutely amazing.

@hhyyrylainen how much does an image take up space? Can i post maps in my forum game?

if i recall theres an entire forum game based on images so it cant be that bad.

It might be best to just u0pload it to imgur and then link it to the forum

like this

3 Likes

probably true. nice thingamabob btw

Yeah I have no idea what it is

Just something I randomly had bookmarked?

buncha square islands i suppose?

I think it came from this roblox game actually

Exactly the same amount as the image file takes up. If you hover over an uploaded image it shows in the bottom left corner how many kilobytes it is. For reference a text post would need to be very long to even take up a few kilobytes. A reasonably sized image might be around 300 kilobytes meaning it is the equivalent to more than 300 normal posts. Thatā€™s how much more storage posts with images take up.

I donā€™t mind actually useful image content being uploaded, I just take issue with low effort / stolen memes (which is what they end up being basically always). As mentioned before, if you want to be kinder to the forumā€™s storage, you can upload less important images to imgur and just link them here.

3 Likes

Just 200$ more and we have a part-time dev!

Or at least for this summer. Iā€™ve noticed that donations hit a low during winter, then they go back where they were and then they increase. I predict that in two years, a part-time developer will always be guaranteed.

man, what a lazy map drawer, just draws squares for the land massesā€¦

There was some pretty insane growth last month after multiple months of really no growth at all, so that was nice to see. Though, sadly that probably was thanks to Oliverā€™s video so we canā€™t expect the growth rate to continue so high this month.

2 Likes

May The Fourth Be With You All

yes

No, I actually donā€™t think so.

wow, there are so many people online right now that the bar is folding in on itself, iā€™ve never seen thatā€¦

wow the bar hasnt even done this beforeā€¦as far as i have seen
ive never seen that, it seems as if we have enough people to achieve this at a certain time of day.

1 Like

it has before actually, but i think this was during a thrivestream, never seen it do this before on a casual day

Iā€™ve never seen the bar compact like that before, but mine does two rows of there are enough people on (I think like 9 or 10 +)

Edit: I dunno if PC does this which is why I mentioned it, also it is more than 9 that makes a second row

isnt the image telephone game gonna fill up the forumā€™s storage

2 Likes