THE NEW Miscellaneous Talk That Doesn't Deserve A New Thread Thread Thread (Part 1)

'Murica intesifies

Car culture at its peak

Glossy Grapes
Doomlight’s PFP is now only it.

that not correct:
the D its soo small that its only Glossy Grapes now

Is no one hyped about the Valve Deckard?

I think a another new vr headset from valve would be neat, I just want to wait for an official reveal before getting hyped

It’s probably going to be announced during the Steam VR Next Fest in July. I can’t wait! I mean, look at all the new possible features!

• Wireless connection
  • Maybe some standalone unit
  • More comfort
  • (hopefully) Better cooling capabilities
  • Splay sensors for finger tracking

I just really don’t understand why Tyler McVicker is always so negative about everything. He doesn’t even know everything on the Deckard, yet he immediately jumps to the conclusion that Valve can’t compete. On the opposite side, sadly it’s bradley only does the reports on data leaks and never looks negative about anything really… and that’s all I need. I just need to know that something is in the works; I don’t need to hear someone complain all day about TF2, which many people don’t understand that it’s been dead since the Meet your Match update.

Sorry for all that speech. It’s been stuck in my head for so long, and I needed to get rid of it.

I also heard rumors that the Deckard would have an upgradeable headstrap, but I’m skeptical on that regard.

But like all of them are only rumors right, nothing really confirmed?

I also didn’t even know there was a VR next fest, that’s similar to the one that just happened right (basically a demo week)?

Yeah, well Bradley noticed a huge leak recently, and remarked that a similar leak preceded the announcement of the Steam Deck by one month. And given that they postponed the Survival sales in favor of the Steam VR Next Fest, it is very likely that Valve could very well announce the Deckard next month.

Yeah, it’s a new event. Never happened before.

But is it just announcement of vr games like the one uploadvr did or is it like the steamnext fest that just happened where there be demos to try?

I’ve done some research, and I conclude that by the time it’s done, Thrive will have taken 21 years to make.

IS LITERALLY TWO BELGIUM DECADES

I think thrive have already been in development for at least 10 years by now so only 12 years left

I can easily imagine someone in 2030 on r/Thrive saying:
Only true legends remember when all the planets were called “Pangonia”

2 Likes

welp at the time im writing this its my anniversary!

Aka its been 1 year since i joined the foruns…

7 Likes

Wait, do these forums also have cake day? Anyway, happy birthday (of the forums joining)!

That’s the anniversary cake…

The slice of cake means it’s an anniversary of the day which they joined the forums, the entire cake is their birthday

I just powered my computer up after having turned it off accidentaly a bit ago. After a minute or so i had 3 cmd popups which closed after 1-2sec.

Feel like i should do a virus sweep

Happy cake day nigel!

1 Like

I think there will be demos since it would be a bit useless to start an event with only announcements marketing-wise.

Happy virus day, Null!