THE NEW Miscellaneous Talk That Doesn't Deserve A New Thread Thread Thread (Part 1)

rip Last of Us

Now, we can’t expect anymore sequel. It’s a bit silly because they can only do prequels now.

So some time ago I saw comment in reddit post on r/spore called something like “im tired of hearing that thrive is spore 2”, this comment was trying to :belgium:t on thrive, while the one who commented said that he watched thrive since beginning. Some of his hate is quite fake, but some of it seems possible to me. Could someone verify it?

Yeah, thrive is not spore 2, thrive is better thatn that

2 Likes

Yeah thrive exists while spore 2 doesn’t

3 Likes

Of course not, if it were for anyone if Spore 2, would be Elysian Eclipse or some something like.

But what I really hate are those YouTube comment responses on comments that talk about Thrive, saying “ThIs ProJeCt iS doOMeD beCaUse it’s stiLl in tHe uNicEluLar sTaGe afTer SeVen YeArs”

WHAT DID YOU WANT? IT WOULD BE EASIER IF WE HAD MORE SUPPORT, BUT WE DON’T, WE’RE DOING OUR BEST!

1 Like

I want to ask the people making those comments - Have you ever tried making a game thats scientifically accurate, or any game at all, while also making it free so you don’t (or minimally) get paid to do it? I haven’t, but I can see it’s not easy.

The development the thrive team has done should be seen as impressive and hopeful given what they had to start, not signs of impending doom. If that was the case than this game never would have made it as far as it has today, and we’d all be worse off because of it, both lacking the fun game and community the forums bring

1 Like

In my opinion, as much as we’d all love a finished version of Thrive, I still don’t think all this effort would be a waste, even if Thrive was to stop development tommorow. Even though the game wouldn’t have ever have really been created, a great community was, and a lot of people had a lot of fun because of it. If nobody ever started projects as ambitious as Thrive, the world would be very different today. Anyway, sorry for ranting, I just wanted to share this.

2 Likes

hi

Well, if thrive was abandoned, there would be a high chance other devs would continue its development.

2 Likes

People will keep hating or doubting or just have a general disliking, some expressed their “decade-long but still cell stage” trope in daily basis but these are all to be expected really. As much annoying it is seeing the fruit of your painstaking hours of coding reduced to a 10 word sentence dismissal by some random person on reddit or some other place sometimes, this just gives me more appreciation to the many people in the game industry and what they would’ve to put up with.

Best we could do is push on and prove the haters wrong however cliche that is, I’m here to take part shaping the game thousands of people love, a game with 227.902 downloads at the time of writing, and a “hopeless” game that somehow made its way into Steam, for a single individual this would be quite an achievement, but we’re not, this is the result of years of community driven work with lots of people pitching in their time and effort in some way or another and I’m honored to leave my mark and be a part of it. Even if we won’t go past single stage, why not here for the journey? Developing Thrive has turn out to be quite an enjoyable experience for some reason. I’m sure most devs in the team share a similar sentiment.

Alright, rant over, that went longer than expected.

4 Likes

I know, it was just a hypothetical situation.

1 Like

Is it just me or did the development feed stop working/cleared?

Reason why I mentioned that hate comment is mainly because commenter said that thrive devs were :belgium:ting on other evo games in podcast, which I don’t watch much, so I would like some podcast watcher to confirm or debunk this.

Nothing’s ever easy.

link to the comment?

I can’t. But you just can research “thrive is not spore 2” and you will find reddit post called something like “I am done of hearing that thrive is spore 2”

I was tweaking things. I completely redid the development feed as well as the discord bot posting about new dev forum posts. Everything should be back to working now.

I found:

Well one good thing came out of that post lol:
New Patreon

There even a defender in this thread:

Pics

4 Likes

6l28a2

11 Likes