THE NEW Miscellaneous Talk That Doesn't Deserve A New Thread Thread Thread (Part 1)

Eh touché (though it doesn’t really raise the quality of the forum), quick question though: How are you guys able to make <5 word posts? Is it because you guys have a higher user level? Because I grinded most easy-to-get badges when the forum was still conceptual, but I still can’t. Does it have to do with amount of posts?

3 Likes

I don’t think there’s any limit on posts above 5 words (other than the max length of 32000 characters). Did you mean less than five? In that case there is a limit and I think it is 5 characters for anyone except just joined users who have to type a whopping 10 characters. So I don’t think the trust levels affect this but they are explained here.

1 Like

Oops… I meant posts with less than 5 words, such as PositiveTower’s “Dat impier suks” post

2 Likes

B cus “dat impier suks”

2 Likes

I just remembered that Discourse by default has a system-based user named @discobot. I couldn’t resist the opportunity to change the website in his profile to something a little familiar.

1 Like

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @discobot display help.

4 Likes

@discobot display help

2 Likes

I currently know how to do the following things:

@discobot start new user

Starts one of the following interactive narratives: new user, advanced user.

@discobot roll 2d6

:game_die: 3, 6

@discobot quote

:left_speech_bubble: Carry out a random act of kindness, with no expectation of reward, safe in the knowledge that one day someone might do the same for you — Princess Diana

@discobot fortune

:crystal_ball: You may rely on it

2 Likes

@discobot fortune

1 Like

:crystal_ball: Without a doubt

2 Likes

@discobot display help

1 Like

I currently know how to do the following things:

@discobot start new user

Starts one of the following interactive narratives: new user, advanced user.

@discobot roll 2d6

:game_die: 3, 6

@discobot quote

:left_speech_bubble: Carry out a random act of kindness, with no expectation of reward, safe in the knowledge that one day someone might do the same for you — Princess Diana

@discobot fortune

:crystal_ball: You may rely on it

2 Likes

I suggest we keep discobot spam in another thread. Even if this is meant as a low quality thread.

1 Like

@discobot start advanced user

1 Like

Hey, we could use Discobot’s dice feature for forum games, maybe

1 Like

How many posts do you need for each rank up? Is it the same as the previous forum?

2 Likes

Mostly, yes. There are two changes:

• Members with less than 3 posts are now called ‘New’ so actual new users can be properly identified.
  • Ranking up also requires a certain amount of read time, expressed in minutes for each of the respective groups in the list above.

Any of these parameters can be changed of course.

4 Likes

Read time as in how long the user has been looking at a thread?

1 Like

I’m not 100% sure how it is calculated but you can see the “read time” on everyone’s profile.

1 Like

In that case I’m probably gonna have a very low read time

3 Likes