THE NEW Miscellaneous Talk That Doesn't Deserve A New Thread Thread Thread (Part 1)

You need to start coming up with posts that actually hit 20 characters without using the filler (20 characters).

4 Likes

(the filler 20 characters)
Speaking of ai: .

this is why
(the 10 limit was already bad!)

I HAVE BEEN SUMMONED

No, no you havenā€™t.
False alarm. Go home.

I mustā€™ve missed something.

Nope. Not getting it. Maybe Iā€™m dumb. I donā€™t know.

Hopefully this discord link is valid, because i think more people need to be in it.

discord.gg/FZxDQ4H

Also due to the fact that people really want to chat casually and cant due to this being a forum and all.

Thereā€™s the shout box.

Memes are not allowed to be posted in there either, so theres that :slight_smile:

Oh so thatā€™s full on casual goofing around chats.

Only in one channel though, you savages.

All around me are familiar faces, worn out places, worn out facesā€¦

I am still confused by what reeper66 meant though

I merged that post (+ replies) from the silicon life form thread. But there wasnā€™t really context for it there eitherā€¦

ah. I see. I am in full understanding by what you mean. Your statement explaining the absurd situation at hand has allowed me to fully absorb the information and no longer be bewildered by the unusual nature of the original post.

1 Like

My good friend, it appears that not even the quantumisation of your crabby form has been enlightened by the gift of knowledge of that of which is referred to as the ā€œlike buttonā€. The ā€œlike buttonā€ is a small, heart-shaped symbol typically at the bottom right of oneā€™s post, in between the smiley-face ā€œemoji buttonā€ and the chain link-like symbol that represents the ā€œlink buttonā€. Its general use is to express oneā€™s agreement, appreciation or otherwise general liking of anotherā€™s post, or picture, or poll. ā€˜Why use this tiny little button, when I can make a post and stretch it to XX characters to make it fit as a post?ā€™, I hear you ask. Well, it is generally more pleasant for others if one is to simply ā€œlikeā€ a post, rather than put in the effort of stretching out a post to make it abide by the law of the land [forum]. It is also less time-consuming, so one may have more time to spend for other activities, such as asking for ā€œunderwater civilisationsā€ and ā€œfor 0.4.0 to come outā€. Therefore, I, as a kind and respe- [WARNING- QUESTIONABLE CONTENT DETECTED- CENSORING.], advise you to care more about your ā€œlike buttonā€ in the future.

Sincerely,
John ā€œJohn ā€œJohnā€ Smithā€ J. Smith-Jones, a.k.a ā€œJohn Smithā€.

6 Likes

As I, a fellow human, can see with my eyes verbosity is the most profitable way to communicate to other fellow, intelligent, humans, especially in a digital and widespread setting where it is more profitable to talk with other humans over long distances. And I, a fellow human, can also see that it would pleasure me to press the heart shaped icon on my screen known as a like button on both Biologicahs, The Third Duke of Silly, and QuantumCrabs, The Jolly Emperor of Seafood, collection of texts organized in rows known as posts.

3 Likes

My friends, you have not yet come to fathom the length my eyes see. They see beyond the oceans of Earth, they can smell colours, they can catch brainwaves. According to all known laws of aviation, there is no way that a bee should be able to fly. Its wings are too small to get its fat little body off the ground. The bee, of course, flies anyways. Because bees donā€™t care what humans think is impossible. I have observed the progression of the virtual game known as a ā€˜Thriveā€™, as it develops past the current state of programming. I live off a motto that says, ā€˜yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mysteryā€™. I have goals and agendas. Where ever Iā€™ll be tomorrow, thatā€™s where Iā€™ll be. Poopy-di scoop Scoop-diddy-whoop Whoop-di-scoop-di-poop Scoop-diddy-whoop.

Skadoosh.

2 Likes

I think making your posts excessively verbose and adding a buncha gibberish violates the ā€œNo filler text to circumvent the character minimumā€ rule.

While I may be in accord with this individual, I am a firm believer in the right to a good joke. Not a meme, a vile photogram of indeterminate origin, but some finely-crafted text can lend us ladies and gents a good chuckle every once in a while. As long as it is suitably quarantined in the Misceyanious Talke That Doth Requite A New Thread, Nova, then I see no reasone to strike out against these innocent posts.
Now, if one were to insert a figment of verbosity into a hence-uncorrupted thread, then I may lash out with the force of the legendary weapon, Banhammer. Alas, this Hammer of Banning, Arm of the Law, Executioner of the Unapropos, is loath to being drawn. Such is the struggle of heroes.

10 Likes

However, on behalf of every forum user in the immediate location, I gravely fear the possibility that this long-running humorous concept may in actuality have gone far beyond the limit in which it is considered safe to use without criticism from the general public, in the nature of the concept seeming stale or overused. It is at this point in time that we as a collective community must agree to cease use of this joke in order to prevent any mishaps. I am in your (the viewerā€™s) favour for the fact that you agreed to focus your optical organs towards my post and absorb the important information located on it.

2 Likes