THE NEW Miscellaneous Talk That Doesn't Deserve A New Thread Thread Thread (Part 1)

I had discord connection issues earlier today. It’s now fine. Does it work for you again?

It is still not working, and i had been kicked off of the server when this happened as well, and i wasnt even notified of a ban, so?

EDIT: Seems to be fixed and i am on the server again.

1 Like

Anyone know any good video editing software because the one I am using sucks.
I please try and keep the price down.

Look up Openshot video editor, i use it for my youtube videos

Thanks, that helped a lot, the last video editor wouldn’t even let me select individual seconds.

you can also try hitfilm express,or lightworks they both are free.
https://www.lwks.com/

I’ll also share this here. Disco mode 2.0?

2 Likes

More like seizure mode.

1 Like
1 Like

Did you just… skip the cutscene?
I am distraught, shocked, disgusted and appalled.

I can recommend DaVinci Resolve. It’s free. You wouldn’t think so.

I was surprised to see that was also supported on Linux so I decided to try it. I’ve been looking for a proper (even paid) video editor that works on Linux.

Unfortunately it seems that it cannot import mkv videos at all and the only format it didn’t flat out refuse to import were mp4 videos, but it only imported the audio. Am I missing something? How can such a professional seeming editor not support any file formats (that I happen to have on my computer, mpeg2, webm, wmv, avi)?

Edit: after also testing LightWorks I found Shotcut which supports wide range of formats and seems to have everything I would want from a video editor.

If you’re replying to me, I’ve had that too. Doesn’t recognise wmv, avi, etc. It’s fine with mp4 and mov formats though, so I managed to use Movie Maker as a middleman for file conversion. Annoying, but usable.

It seems that the game is hesitating on what biome is the player located in. You can see the biome background change continuously, that’s weird. That would be funny to have both disco bugs at the same time.

That was on purpose. I was trying to trigger the banana biome bug. To reduce manual testing I set the game to automatically cycle the backgrounds.

In my broken version of Thrive, I actually got the banana bug, but instead of affecting the biome, it affected the nucleus. I actually renamed the nucleus image file by Discoball and the discoball image by Nucleus, so that I could see a discoball instead of a nucleus. But instead, I see a banana nucleus. Also, I’ve seen that @Untrustedlife fixed the bug.

The first fix didn’t fully fix it. So now the fix (in addition to my changes) also has @crodnu’s fixes to our audio library.

Hopefully this time it is fully fixed. I guess we’ll have to get the professional game breaker Kinesis to try it.

Sounds to me that the “banana” bug is like a missing/outdated texture that the game tries to load, but it cannot for some reason.

1 Like

That’s not correct. My initial quick fix (and if now crodnu’s change further makes the fix more likely to work). Then it is fully confirmed that the issue was running out of file descriptors (there’s a maximum number of files that a process can open).

1 Like

Here’s something, do we even have enough material in our solar system to build a dyson sphere or does it have to be a dyson swarm?