The Public Thrive Odyssey Council

That doesn’t change anything, except how accurate your successes and failures are.

The d40 spread is the same as the d20, so:

1-20=failure
21-40=success

I might limit it to just research actions since that’s where most buffs end up upgrading.

Hey Omni, do the Persians have archers?

yes they do
everyone does

Yes. Teaking was attacked by a squad of 132 soldiers, consisting of 60 warriors, 40 archers and 32 cavalry (I think, I don’t exactly remember). Obviously, that wasn’t their entire army, so yes they do have archers but you don’t know how many.

we’re gonna federate and share tech
so pls dont do the same tech as me
could you research irrigation instead?

wait does federation make the civs in the federation share their tech?

1 Like

Since you technically become a united country, you share your tech and gain one extra global action.

2 Likes

I feel like secret action need to be announced like pm votes, i do think that content of the action can be secret but i do think that other civ should know that something is happening

I don’t agree with this

Ok fine I’ll have ur math then

ok i want to know what that secret is, time for the Deutsches spionagenetzwerk

Yeah, I knew keeping the entire action secret wouldn’t be a very popular choice, but I wanted to give more meaning to spying, so secret actions can remain secret if one wishes to do so. At some point, during the siege of Musa, Zen wanted a secret action of digging a secret tunnel out of the city, which would have remained secret, otherwise it wouldn’t work as an action, so it’s not the first time I’ve thought of using this.

We’re at 100 BC, so this means that if a roman empire exists, it’s smaller than in real life

I do think that this is good step to make spying have meaning but i feel it still would have meaning if we treated secret actions like pm voting

What do you mean by in real life? The Roman Empire doesn’t exist anymore

wait when did it die?

ok so it doesn’t exist, me is 5 birans cells

1 Like

Technically yp is the closest thing to the Roman Empire, but you’re right.

I don’t know how I could implement that. Currently, pm actions serve little purpose, other than maybe surprise attacks, but they’re always suspicious anyways so there’s no surprise. Plus, you can’t exactly spy on someone to reveal their pm action, since it gets revealed anyways and both actions are implemented at the same time, so spying would become only a player-vs-bot thing.

Do you have any suggestions or ideas on how to implement spying differently?

so my idea of how the espionage will work:

you can sabotage actions wth it
you can steal tech with it
you can see pm actions through it (at least the basic explanation of the action, like researching or attacking)(this will happen through a dice roll that isn’t gonna be a part of the round results, but instead before it)