The Public Thrive Odyssey Council

Sure, if you want I guess.

1 Like

Sorry everyone, the round took a little longer than expected, it should be out either today or tomorrow.

3 Likes

Have you ever asked yourself, “What is Nover working on?”. If your answer was no, then :(, but if your answer was yes, then i present to you…

Yes, I’ve been working on a newspaper for the game, which will cover five rounds of the game. This first volume will cover the beginning of the Mongolian-Bananaramian war and the four rounds before it. I might be done in five days, though I’m lazy so it could take two weeks.

How did it take me 17 days to write three of the seven articles

I might add ads to the newspaper, any ideas? (I have one for a big chunk of bronze)

4 Likes

Hello guys, sorry for not being active in a very long time (since September) - I’ve missed quite a lot it seems.

First, even tho it’s already January the 2nd, Happy New Year! I hope 2021 will be a great year for everyone!

Second, sorry for not voting on the polls for which I’ve been pinged for. Seeing that OmnipotenrFNarr has already sent a message about how the game will work I don’t believe there’s any point in voting in them anymore, but I will check them out so I can have a better idea what’s going on (even tho I have no doubt it’s perfectly explained in FNarr’s message).

4 Likes

Well im back guys
how are you doing?

1 Like

Welcome back! We’re doing good, the game’s been going on fine for a while, but we’ve stopped near september temporarily.

If you feel like rejoining, some of the mechanics have actually been revamped. The change log can be found here.

Welcome back! : )

I hope you are doing well

Welcome back, @yp364! I am certainly not a bot!

welcome back! the game hasnt progressed much, if at all after you left, so there isnt to much you have to worry about other than rules changing

alright ill see them/

1 Like

Sorry if I’m being annoying, but are there any news on the new round?

I tried working on it during March break, but with a lack of time and motivation, along with having to relearn everything because it had been so long, I hadn’t gone further than two or three civs. I might pick it back up during a free weekend, but exams are coming up so I won’t be free for a while.

4 Likes

New round time :slight_smile:
Are there any other changes from the revised round and the test round?

Other than the armour revision I mentioned at the end of the round, everything should be the same.

1 Like

Welcome back, everyone!

Just in advance, at some point during this summer, I might be absent for a few days because of health & family issues.

Another point is that I feel like Science and research don’t feel very rewarding. Unlike our real history, it seems that the leader decides what to research by themselves instead of having some brilliant individuals like Descartes or Aristotle do their research and then share them with the world or their country.

My proposal for future games is that some players can decide to either play as individuals within a nation or as nations.

1 Like

That’s where the culture rolls come in. A society with more culture points has a higher chance of having tech passively developed.

1 Like

Is there a post telling about the new rules?

Yes, this should be it

I feel like we should start with a few mines/gatherers for existing resources to help ease us into the transition at least

I decided against it to kind of ease tensions by having people spend a turn or two reestablishing their civ to get them back into the game, so they have a clear current goal, since it’d been a while since the last round and whatever people planned was probably forgotten.

2 Likes