The Public Thrive Odyssey Council

New round time :slight_smile:
Are there any other changes from the revised round and the test round?

Other than the armour revision I mentioned at the end of the round, everything should be the same.

1 Like

Welcome back, everyone!

Just in advance, at some point during this summer, I might be absent for a few days because of health & family issues.

Another point is that I feel like Science and research don’t feel very rewarding. Unlike our real history, it seems that the leader decides what to research by themselves instead of having some brilliant individuals like Descartes or Aristotle do their research and then share them with the world or their country.

My proposal for future games is that some players can decide to either play as individuals within a nation or as nations.

1 Like

That’s where the culture rolls come in. A society with more culture points has a higher chance of having tech passively developed.

1 Like

Is there a post telling about the new rules?

Yes, this should be it

I feel like we should start with a few mines/gatherers for existing resources to help ease us into the transition at least

I decided against it to kind of ease tensions by having people spend a turn or two reestablishing their civ to get them back into the game, so they have a clear current goal, since it’d been a while since the last round and whatever people planned was probably forgotten.

2 Likes

I want the dark ages to happen, and I’ll destoy all mines if I have to.

Isn’t Nienstadtburg a colony in Tobago?

I don’t necessarily want the dark ages to happen, I just want this era of peace to end. Either by colonization or by war.

Either that, or massive trade routes

Oh yes, I forgot it was a colony. I’ll correct that in the next round.

Looks like I started! (Good luck to me), and I’m telling the truth, how do I get started?

I seem to be starting hardcore.

I do not know what to write, I probably need a way to stabilize the residents, so I will assign some of the people as scouts, who will check the environment, whether it is good or bad

Plus, I do not seem to have any people who would know if they happen to attack me, so I think I should arm them.

I did it right / If not, how do I do it?

Needs aren’t all necessarily urgent, sometimes people want some things because of their culture but don’t actually necessarily need them.

As a start, I would suggest looking into assigning jobs (no action required) and looking into either exploring your surroundings, extract resources or try to fulfill your people’s needs. Do keep in mind that you only have two actions, and you can always try to aim for a third action by establishing additional villages.

1 Like

np, i think i get it.
i think its better first to fulfill the peoples need and surrounds exploring:
for the first i think I need some basic governate/ruler who can make some order in my regions
secode i think i dee so see how my surrounds exploring looks like

Is there a list of jobs that need to be filled out or is it coming out kind of automatic? I think I needed an explanation for that

I want to do a trade of technology, should i just do a regular trade instead or can i just set up a general trade route?

So jobs for you, since you’re still at the second development stage, are not percentage-based but keep their population value and will use the old bonus system.

So how it works is, normally you have actions with no maluses, called global actions, but you can get more actions in one turn by dividing your population. However, the consequence for that is for each group of people not working on the action (calculated by (total population/10)+1), you get a malus to the roll. So if you have a population of 100, and have 23 people work on an action, you would get a -7 on the action, since 100/10+1=11, and you have 7 groups of 11 people not working on the action.

The same thing applies to workers, but as a bonus. So if those 23 people were farmers, and your action was to make farms, you would also get a +2 to your roll.

A regular trade would require a roll to arrive to the civ to trade, and another roll on the way back to actually receive the tech.

On the other hand, creating a trade route will only require the initial trade roll and will grant you the tech instantly.

So can i do a trade route of tech?

Trade routes are strictly resource-based, and can’t really function on tech, since they require a consistent input and output, so no, unless you also supply the resources for those tech as well.

Are my actions good now?

Yes, they should be good now.

1 Like