The Public Thrive Odyssey Council

Something like that?:

30 farmers - for all the food stuff (15 Farmland, 5 Herding, 10 fishing)
50 solders - 35 melee, 5 trappers, 10 range (When there is no need for fighting, they help builder and farmers if needed, or possible)
25 builders (Of these - 10 stone cutters, 5 lumberjacks, and the rest real construction [10])
5 Weapons manufacturers - weapons makers
10 Scholars / philosophers - for resaece
5 scouts - for exploring the scout the land
1 General strategist (to strengthen my passive ability and also for an interior planner for village planning and construction) (I couldn’t have thought of a better name to describe something like that)

I think it was the division that came out in my opinion good overall

2 Likes

Wouldn’t Fort Kharuul count as military infrastructure? and are Indus and Joseon close enough to ally? or do i need to befriend them more?

@OmnipotentFNarr, how do actions work now? Do we still use global actions or do we use groups instead?

body too similar? bullshit!

Yes, but it already serves its own bonus, serving as a checkpoint for soldiers when they travel and something else I don’t currently remember.

As or Indus and Joseon, before the revamp, they were only at level 3, not 4, so even then you wouldn’t be able to ally them. Doing a mission for them or establishing a trade route will probably do the trick.

As for you @blackjacksike, since you’re now at level 3 in the action progression, you don’t have the benefit of splitting actions among your population and can only use global and timebank actions.

1 Like

I am very happy that you have started up the Thrive Odyssey up again, and now that i have read the round i can say its better than ever!

So i know yp is most likely not playing anymore, but is there a possibility that they are still an npc empire? and how many turns do i have until the pirate problem expires?

2 Likes

Yeah, I can add him in as an NPC civ.

Pirate Problem should last another 3 turns.

As for your population, I must’ve missed a city while counting, I’ll fix that next round.

1 Like

Sorry if I had been absent for the last few days. It’s because I was changing my PC case and ran into a couple of complications. My PC can now sit on my desktop and is up and running.

It’s now smaller too.

3 Likes

Why are the actions successive and not like a milestone thing, instead of needing level 2 education before getting the strong economy action, you can get actions in any order, you just need to meet the requirements

1 Like

It’s specifically to have them be gated to sort of streamline progression, otherwise some would be a lot easier to obtain than others and the challenge might not be the same.

After I learn Python, I might try to create a program for making the life of future GMs easier in this forum game. It would calculate the bonus, receive input for actions and output text that GM’s can use for their round. I’ll start by making it a console program and perhaps I’d continue the development in Godot afterwards (this should add some realism by letting players locate their civs on the globe).

1 Like

I decided to remake and update the map of Eurasia that I did a while ago. This version is (hopefully) much more accurate and detailed. It even includes capitals! Please tell me if I made any mistakes, you want me to add something, or you want something changed about the map.

oh, and @OmnipotentFNarr why don’t I have any silk? I have silk spiders, so I should be able to produce it

4 Likes

Good point, I’ll rectify that next round.

I love the fact that our main source of silk comes from spiders, even though silk worms exist.

anyways, oofer’s map is pretty good, though a bunch of my cities are in the wrong places. Still a good map, makes me look bigger.

Wasn’t Indus more at northwest rather than north eastern India?

was it? do you know where i could find that info?

and @Nover452 where do you want your cities to be?

Yeah it’s pretty funny, only China has proper silkworms iirc.

As for the map @OoferDoofer, looks great, but as Nover said, some placements could be reworked, such as the Egypt cities, which should be on the riverbank, since the desert out West is pretty much inhospitable and impossible to settle in in large numbers.

Kugelland is also only one or two cities, with the rest being colonies (I recommend checking out the region tabs for the locations), Hellenes have a foothold in Italy due to the Marcellians merge with two or three cities there, and Britannia is divided into pretty specific real-life regions and cities. Also, like Blackjack said, the Indus civ would be more West, using the Indus river as reference, but everything else looks pretty accurate.

2 Likes

It’s between current Pakistan and India.

I’m going on a trip and most likely won’t be able to check the forums for a few weeks, so if a new round comes out, could @TeaKing do my actions please?

I thought that you were using mobile devices for the forums…

Yes, but I won’t have my phone during my trip.