Thrive Monthly Art Competition

I got you fam…

submission by “morbusidae lapis” on discord (failed on forums)
Title: undefined

My friends, voting day has come. All submissions for isolation to this day are rendered obsolete or something. Please vote in the poll bellow for who you think should enter the top three tier in a video someone has to make (probably me).

• OoferDoofer
  • MechanicalPumpkin
  • OmnipotentFNarr
  • AmazinglyCleverName
  • Deepsix
  • The_Void (the almighty himself)
  • MatiDino
  • Bolsadesupermer123
  • narotiza
  • MorbusPolo

0 voters

Poll will be closed on August 30th, 10:00 AM Eastern Time.
(Edit: If you vote for your self I’ll probably much your fingers. Ok, probably not, but don’t.)

2 Likes

So, Me, the almighty deity himself, has surprisingly achieved the place of third? Clearly you guys are trolling. With seriousness though, I believe my problem with my artwork was muddy colouring and shading, and I took a lot of detail from the original drawing. With naro coming in second, I feel the only suggestion with the drawing might just be adding blue highlights around the clouds, but that’s kind of it. Congratulations to Bolsa winning first place, and I would recommend perhaps more interesting terrain designs next time as well as highlights. If you didn’t get top three tier this round, you could always achieve it the next, and with each round people will most likely try to vote for someone new. I will now try and make a video somehow including all the drawings, and thank you for joining this month’s community contest.

2 Likes

I think you should have selected the option to see who voted for what so that we could have checked for that.

I would also refrain from using the pie chart, it’s a little hard to discern each participant.

2 Likes

I’m going to mention it again, but I think the meme contest got the poll format right (perhaps hiding votes until voting closed could have been better):

I’ll try to fix the format next time, unless there is a way to edit the poll now with out altering votes

I think @Buckly found out that you can’t edit a poll at all after the first 5 minutes.

Is there a plan to do a second competition?

Yes there’s going to be one every month.

The idea was to make a highlight video and post the winner to our social media. That hasn’t happened as the video isn’t ready yet.
I want to either get the previous contest wrapped up with those things or we need to officially decide that there won’t be videos made.

1 Like

I say we close the contest for now until I figure out a stable and manageable design to replicate the video on for every month. Sounds good?

4 Likes

This month of September will probably be less busy, since most schools start now. I have missed making the video on time due to not having a good plan on how to present it, and how special it should be. We have a chance of making a past due date collection of videos if we miss any more, otherwise we just skip this one. Here is the poll:

• Specimen
  • Accident
  • Judgment
  • Leaf
  • Resist

0 voters

I have closed the poll, and “Resist” has won. Now, let the arting beginggg! Same rules as last time. No promised prize this time though, because I have a lot more work now.

1 Like

I’m assuming the competition has begun, so here is another mediocre art piece

If you don’t get what this image is it’s basically some lobster thing fighting against the control of some crystal things

It’s not a good concept but it’s the best I could come up with .

3 Likes

I missed it starting.

These should really be made as separate posts as otherwise this is way too invisible.

Question: when will this round end, or is this competition paused for now?

It will end on the 27th probably, then voting happens for a day.

1 Like

“Join Me”

2 Likes

Not sure if symmetry was your aim, but I think that chain being vertically mirrored is a bit weird. I normally link loose chains to messiness, which contrasts with the symmetry, which I link to stability and perfection.

1 Like

the chains just disappear into the fog, they aren’t connected to anything. Also, i think of devils as lawful evil so perfection would be a part of that.

1 Like