Traits

This might not be such a great idea since it would take a lot of programming but what if every part had traits like if you had spikes you would deal damage to the creature attacking you. This leads into something else i want to see like descriptive features such as weight and height . the parts you choose affect the way you “Thrive” such as long legs means you run faster but you leave room for enemies to attack you and for small or short legs you wouldn’t have as big of a vulnerability but you wouldn’t run fast. i think this would make the game more in depth and wouldn’t be like any other game where an enemy can just bite you or attack you and it does a certain amount of damage so in this case you thrive based on how you evolve and the path you choose. so basically every part has a pro and a con and that affects how you survive. i could go on forever but this game is very small and just starting out and that would just be very time consuming

2 Likes

Yeah, this would take a lot of work by the devs to get this done but in the end I think something like this would be possible. The legspan thing is the most likely to be implemented I think though. I always did hate how “Spore” made it so your feet completely determined how fast your creation was but your legs didn’t matter at all. Yes feet are very important but at the same time a dwarf can’t run as fast as an elf and they have the same feet mostly.

Also on a sidenote things like skeletal, digestive, and muscular editors would be a very nice touch as well. (No reproductive systems for obvious rating issues although maybe an option to selct live or egg birth)

1 Like

All of this is definitely planned. Although I’m not sure about a damage system. It will probably have to rely on hitpoints, amount of damage and attack speed at some level, like any classic game, I just don’t see any other way to go about it. Different parts of creatures could have separate HP, but beyond that…

1 Like

It would be cool seeing some traits for combat that don’t necessarily hurt other creatures. But add armor, like hard cartilage. Or other things that could make your creature harder to be noticed. Like how owls have special feathers that make their flying really quiet.

1 Like

What about personality traits? Like, determining if your creature is solitaty (making it harder to find a mate to breed with) or a pack/herd animal that makes it easier to breed and hunt, but maybe you’d also have to ensure the health and safety of a large herd. So only having 1 creature to take care of would make it easier to find food, and you wouldnt have to worry about the numbers in your pack but more difficult to breed because you’d have to search for another one of your species.

1 Like

The game will have a behavior editor, I’m pretty sure, so you can make it so your creatures acts a certain way

1 Like

Wow i am so happy so many people think like me but what i was really shooting for was less basic parts and more advanced for example there would obviously be different “styles” But what about options what if there were different types of legs? i mean like if you could have a human leg that has the stats of a human leg like can run only a certain speed and has a certain health and defense or a spider leg where it gives you the ability to hang from a web with your feet and not just for feet i mean all the body parts like the arms of a octopus meaning they can stick to things but it wouldn’t have very strong hp since well octopuses arms are not very big and fat. for instance gorilla arms which are tough and very strong but don’t have that extra effect like sticking to things unlike the octopuses arms. meaning in this way you have a choice to be like a gorilla strong and tough or a octopus sticky but flimsy. i think this would add a vast amount of choices to the game making infinite possibility’s. i really love this project and i think the community is what makes me love it so much.

1 Like

Not to mini-mod, but that was a little hard to understand. Perhaps add some commas? Considering you might not be English, American, or Canadian, or speak English as your native language, I should have guessed I’d end up seeing a post with long messages and no commas in it whatsoever.

1 Like

The jist of what he said was that we could have stylized creations that would have certain triats and abilities based on real life organisms.

I don’t think this would be at all needed unless you were to make the whole creature in one go in the creator.

1 Like