Unofficial Thrive Forum Game Competition 2

I think we see live updates of what your doing pacmine in google sheets. I see you selecting and putting in words
Edit: Wait wouldnt you need to have a multicellular beeing to obtain 5 senses?
What classifies attack and defense mutations?

1 Like

Chemorreceptors, photorreceptors, “magnetic” sense (sense earth magnetic fields) and others are things you can get being a single cell.

If you use to attack it is an attack.
If you use to attack and defend it is an attack.
If you use to defend and don’t use to attack it is a defense mutation.
Stealth, “armor”, poison, general resistances and others can be a defense.
Resistance to environment isn’t a defense mutation.
Claws, teeth, venom and others are attacks

Okay but ill take as an example now my species splendida: They have a predatory pilus which its original intention was for combat. Due to the lack of use however it went and became a defensive one. This however doesent mean that my species couldnt just start using it offensivly. Its still a hard spike that can stab stuff. No matter if its defensive or offensive. Also stealth isnt necesarily a defensive mutation. Its intention could be to sneak up on pray to then attack them. Players dont always define their intentions with the mutation

Then you need to tell me you want to use it to attack. Also think in a multicellular way. A hedgehog uses it clearly to defend. An atack spike is like rhynos and cows horns.
Edit: If it is used both to attack and defend, it is considered an attack mutation

1 Like

As we move into the game, will there always be a limit of 15 (13 without underfish) species? Or will more branch off of the players?

(Also could I have a third species now that under fish is gone (as long as no one wants to join/people with one species don’t want more)?)

I don’t think I could manage more than 15 species. There is also NPC species that are simpler (doesn’t evolve like player species) that can appear with events.

I don’t think it would be fair to the others if you had so many species. You could get each one to a different niche/environment to don’t have too much competition, wich is one of the focus of the game. I would prefer if we had a new player or if someone started controllin 2 species. But if everyone agrees I will allow you to have 3 species

1 Like

id be fine with it if i also get a 3rd species. And if i dont then im still fine with it. Dont really care to be honest.
To sum up: i dont got no problem with it, id also like a 3rd species if thats possible

I finished Round 5.

@aah31415 @Pac_Mine @sci0927 @Null @TwilightWings21 @Nerm @doomlightning @fralegend015 @Evolution4Weak

Does someone wants a second species?
What do you think about TwilightWings21 and Null getting a third species?

@aah31415 voted:

[post filler]

Votes:
Tenebris:
Evolve a pigment to be able to go to the surface and not get destroyed by sunlight

Splendida:
Evolve Flagellum
(also my predatory pilus is meant to be used for offense not defense)

Modifier: +1 to my species “tenebris”

Vacuola:

Adaptation: Chloroplasts

VTG: Photophilia

Ciliate

Adaptation: endoplastic reticulum

VTG: golgi apparatus

I want to make this species niche predator.

Modifier: +1 to my Vacuola

Aurum
Main: nitrogen fixing organele
HGT: Pigment (melanim)
+2 to Nerm because he is way behind the others

Species: Reponae

• Mutation: VGT

• Modifier: +2 to Vacuola

Vacuoles
+1 to myself

Also thanks! Frankly, I’m mainly just happy I didn’t get a bad roll at least. Better no change than bad change

1 Like

Because of the lack of use (you got it at round 1 and didn’t use it), it transformed itself. When you have the requirenments to be a predator I will change them back to predatory pilus.

Vote for Moonfin: Incorporate some metal into membrane, making it tougher

Vote for Rocky: Get something similar to electro reception. Use this to send electrical signals like pings off of rocks to find food based on how the ping is sent back. (I also wish to move to live in caves)

Modifier: +1 to Moonfin

1 Like

Wait I just realized I can’t move yet lol, so I can’t change my biome nvm

Really taking the concept of armor haha

Like bats use sounds?

You are living in both caves and non caves environments in the bottom of the ocean. If you recall this message:

1 Like