Unofficial Thrive Forum Game Competition 2

why does thermastalis still have stuck on the ground in it’s list of mutations?

vote: thermoreception again
VGT: air vacuole
modifier: +1 to me

Evolve: Binding Agents
VGT: Better VGT? (Is that possible?)
New VGT: Better Vacuole

My votes:
Volar:
Main - fix erythrocruonin
Vgt - make anus and mouth separate

Bonum:
Main - fix aridity resistance
Vgt - fat-storing cells

Note for excintion event that’ll probably happen next round: Bonumarbor has endospores
evolved, so it can hibernate when the food is
lacking.

Modifier: -2 to sci

1 Like

why me

I thning everything consider a double posting as long they are one after another

Vote: Specialize Gemmule Zooid (to survive in hard condisens)
GT: Shared alimentary canal using the Auruderm derm layes between the zooids

+2 to sci

please stop using visible post fillers

I will give a +2 to you next round when modifiers are reset. Currently, i can only use negative modifiers.

Trilumis:

Vote: slower metabolism during day so that it can better conserve glucose during that time. (also yes, my species has photoreceptors, you made me evolve them that one time I accidentaly evolved photophobia)

VGT: “genome mutation safeguarding” basically, vital parts of their genome become more resistant to mutations (Also yes, this is possible, I dont remember very well, but I once read in a science magazine about a study of a plant’s genome and discovered that the sections of their genome that dictated the way the plant would grow seemed to be more resiliant to mutations than other parts)

Sofface:

Vote: hemoglobin again

VGT: Chemoreceptor patches in the mouth entrace in order to both have a better sense of what is entering the mouth and to better find food.

Thermastalis:

Vote: simple nervous system to controll the muscles (non-centralized)

VGT: hemocyanin sacs near the muscles in order to better oxygenate them

modifier: +2 to doomlightning

Thicker membrane, preferably one good against toxins

Stormbreaker:

Vote 1: Golgi Apparatus

Vote 2: Air Vacuole (to float to surface)

GT: Wider but less protected sails extending from the organism so it can catch wind (flying bacteria, being carried by wind distances also stimulates kinetofimbria)

Bouldermaw:

Vote 1: ‘electric dance’, covering its membrane in electricity to defend itself

Vote 2: Electrical Targeters, they shoot electricity out at anything it senses, either maiming it or telling the creature it is a rock it can eat

GT: Extra aggression towards Achristos because I can

Shadowfang:

Vote 1: Lysosomes

Vote 2: Cilia

GT: Whirlpool Hunter

Fixwed

Not in a way that affect dice rolls. A better VGT would be the development of better sexual reproduction (specialized cells, organs, gamets, genders, gender dimorphism etc.)

What is this?

Lot’s of species have this, in fact humans even have some that affects all of the genome,

Wouldn’t it be water? If you want to go to air you would need dissecation resistance and to lower your density even more as you have a high density membrane (iron)

Neque porro quisquam est qui dolorem.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

That is a visible post filler[1] it is usually submitted at the end of the post to act as filler as we have a minimum character count and so is a way to bypass it for short post.

I am going to change my vote then

1. the big blue rectangle ↩︎

2 Likes

No I meant air. What is dissecation?

Keep the broader sails for now, I’ll do the other requirements next round

desiccation (pac spelled it wrong) is drying out, often to death. Fish dont actually asphyxiate on land most of the time, they dry out first.

2 Likes

@Pac_Mine Bonumarbor should get removed from bottom of ocean species list i think.

1 Like

I thought I have removed it a long time ago. Anyway, I fixed it

Oh and I’m also going to say that Volarae will become Alatusserra in round 21
And Bonumarbor will turn into Crepituequesus in that round too.
My species’ names meant, mean and (I hope so) will mean:
Maxillaavis - Jaw Bird
Pedesoperarius - On-Foot Wallet
Volarae - Borrow from word “Volare” - Fly
Bonumarbor - Good Tree
Alatusserra - Winged Saw
Crepituequesus - Borrowed from “Crepitus eques” - Explosion Knight

Btw @Pac_Mine do player need to deevolve traits from specialized cells by using votes or they can do it without votes?

Depends on what traits it is and how important it is to the species. I will analyze it in a case by case.

Also, the round will probably happen sunday instead of saturday as I will have tests saturday.

To avoid “double posting” (I really think there should be a time limit to be considered) I will do this message this way:

I finished Round 15.

@aah31415 @Pac_Mine @sci0927 @Null @TwilightWings21 @doomlightning @fralegend015 @Evolution4Weak

Lots of death this round.

If you want to control more species just ask!

I had to rush the round (and the same will happen until 14/08) as I have lots of tests coming up and I will be more prone to mistakes, if you find any please send a message.

Some useful links:
Why and how plants have slower metabolism during night.
How plants may have survived the long dark

feel free to branch off of naranjus

vote: poison
idk what to do for vgt