Video Game Recommendations

I didn’t know anyone else here knew about starbound.

Oh boy, Starbound is like, my favorite space game ever because it’s a mix of Terraria (a game everybody loves, including me), and space (a topic i love)
But i have recently learned it is very much flawed. How sad.
Also i cant play it because i dont have a computer anymore. :frowning:
I can play Terraria, though!

What do you guys think of Toca Life World and Gacha Club?

Another classic case of “The game is ok, but the community, MY GOD”

Arent they all like that?

1 Like

More games:
Evolve- a very in-depth and underrated game about evolution and technology(from RNA to ascension, with a dimensional age, at least 50 different civilizations and races to play as, and likely dozens of types of worlds to play on, and much, much more)
https://pmotschmann.github.io/Evolve/

4 Likes

i like to play as the mantis civ in that game :slight_smile:

Welcome to the forums human.
I also have another recommendation for this thread:

1 Like

Here is an interesting game I discovered a few hours ago.

“OrbisMultiplex is a complex simulation oriented 4x indie strategy game on planetary scale. In this game the player will lead a nation from late stone age all the way into the modern era, all whilst adapting to an ever changing environment.”

5 Likes

i have simply one suggestion,
The Multi Medium.
its a bit obscure, but i consider it to be the very definition of an indie gem. as the name suggest, the game is verry unique visually, gameplay wise, its a platformer

RainWorld

Rimworld is a pretty good strategy game too.

best thing is you can play it in your browser

1 Like

Are you familiar with the game “Evolutions!”?

1 Like

where could someone find this game? it looks like a better spore creature creator.

I’m really sorry if this dissapoints you, but “Evolutions!” isn’t an actual game - instead, it was a hoax created by Sporum user Hirnsausen back in 2009. If you didn’t know, this hoax eventually managed to attract a team of various talented people that hoped to make Evolutions a reality. The project changed quite a lot over the years, and eventually the game we’re all familiar with - Thrive! You can check out the original thread on the Internet Archive here!

6 Likes

That sucks. But atleast we got the (totally not a hoax) Game thrive, thanks to it.

And since this is the game recommendatiosn thread i might as well add a few recomendations:
Eu4 (Svearige är roligt(not sure if thats correct, still early in learning))
The Ouroboros King (Chess, but better)
Shotgun King (Chess, but America)
Papers Please (Communism life sim)

4 Likes

https://lobby.ogame.gameforge.com/en_GB/hub

And also I appreciate the game Forge of Empires for having so many ages(having multiple “future” stages rather than the boring one-stage future). The only issue is that you have to play FOE a minimum of once a week otherwise your progress is wiped(never made it into Early Middle Ages because of that).