0.4.0.2 Overhaul Mod v1.1.2

4 new compounds, 18 new organelles, a GUI redesign, and more. Made on a 0.4.1 dev build, it even has a few features that are being added in 0.4.1.

Changelog

Features from the AMD dev build:
Compounds:
-Iron Ions: Rust colored, used by two of the new organelles for Iron Chemolithotrophy

Floating Objects:
-Floating iron chunks that release Iron Ions

Organelles:
-Chemosynthetic proteins: Prokaryotic and less efficient version of the Chemoplast.
-Rusticyanin: Combines CO2 and Iron Ions to produce ATP.

Other Changes:
-the player now starts as a prokaryote with 1 cytoplasm
-eukaryotic organelles are locked until the player evolves a Nucleus

Features of this mod
Compounds:
-Hydrogen Cyanide: Cyan, another option for Chemosynthesis
-Manganese Ions: Grey, another option for Chemosynthesis
-Virus: Bright red, harms the cell when touched. Be careful around these - if you absorb too much, they’ll take over your cell and drain your resources until you die.

Floating Objects:
-Floating rocks that release Manganese Ions
-Random floating organelles and bits of cell membrane

Biomes:
-Shallow vents biome
-River biome
-Saline sea biome
-Ocean floor biome

Organelles:
-Retinophores: Photosynthetic organelles that have Retinal in them instead of chlorophyll. They’re less efficient and cost less MP.
-Thermosynthetic proteins: Prokaryotic and less efficient version of the Thermoplast.
-Azotosomes: Prokaryotic and less efficient version of the Azotoplast (Nitrogen Fixing Plastid).
-Cas9: Turns virus clouds into phosphate.
-Photophores (Red, Purple and Blue): Prokaryotic versions of the Bioluminescent Vacuoles.
-Predatory Pilus: This is NOT functional; just looks cool.

These organelles (and many of the default ones) are locked until you get a nucleus:
-Retinoplast: Retinal-based version of the Chloroplast. Less efficient and costs less MP.
-Large Vacuole: A much bigger version of the Vacuole with 4x the storage.
-Contractile Vacuole: a specialized vacuole that can change the pressure in your cell and close up wounds, speeding regeneration.
-Thermoplast: Turns environmental heat into ATP.
-Ferroplast: Eukaryotic and more efficient version of Rusticyanin
-Bioluminescent Vacuole (Red, Purple and Blue): decorative organelles that emit light.

Other Changes:
-GUI redesign (the editor GUI isn’t entirely finished)
-tweaked several of the biome backgrounds
-all organelles except bioluminescent ones are now partially transparent
-rebalanced the amount of compounds organelles store
-tweaked many cell processes
-hydrogen cyanide and manganese ions can be used in chemosynthesis
-halved the amount of phosphate/ammonia organelles need to split
-rebalanced the amount of MP organelles cost
-a vignette that darkens the edges of the screen
-‘Microbe Editor’ button under the Extras menu in the title screen
-tweaked many of the organelle textures
-two new main menu backgrounds
-AI species mutate every time you enter the editor
-renamed Nitrogen Fixing Plastid to Azotoplast (‘Azoto’ meaning ‘Nitrogen’ in Greek)

There’s also probably a few other small features I’ve forgotten.

Screenshots (outdated)

Download

First, Download the AMD dev build:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/25blyh00g1p9qx0/ThriveAMDClouds.zip?dl=0

Then, download the mod:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rjTkXWqwaMUFgFGAJ2JDs1ZNtxA3HH-p/view?usp=sharing

Installation:
If you have the launcher:

1). go to the 0.4.0.2 folder
(on Windows should be Users\YourName\AppData\Roaming\Revolutionary-Games\Launcher\Installed\Thrive-0.4.0.2-WINDOWS-64bit\Thrive-0.4.0.2-WINDOWS-64bit )

2). back up the ‘bin’ folder somewhere else

3.) open ThriveAMDClouds.zip and copy the ‘bin’ folder in there to the 0.4.0.2 folder, click ‘replace files’ when prompted

4.) open 0.4.0-Overhaul-Mod.zip and copy the ‘bin’ folder in there to the 0.4.0.2 folder, click ‘replace files’ when prompted

If you don’t have the launcher, follow steps 2 through 4 where you installed Thrive.

Known Bugs

-the suicide button is broken

Thanks to @Untrustedlife for helping me with custom organelle models and virus clouds and thanks to @productive for allowing me to use his regen code.

4 Likes

Woohoo, this is awesome.

1 Like

Update 1.1:
-random floating organelles and bits of cell membrane appear in the environment
-renamed Nitrogen fixing plastid to Azotoplast
-renamed Nitrogenase to Azotosomes
(‘Azoto’ meaning ‘Nitrogen’ in Greek)
-fixed the Azotosomes (nitrogenase) button in the editor
-balanced nitrogen fixing
-rocks are a bit bigger
-drastically reduced download size and made the download a .zip instead of .rar

1 Like

At this point, why not just join the dev team? I of course don’t know a whole lot about how this works and you may just be skirting the edges of the entire project, but I still think that you could be helpful.

Update 1.1.2:
-four new biomes: River, Shallow vents, Saline sea and Ocean floor
-fixed some of the organelles costing the wrong amount of MP

Wow, I am impressed

I love the GUI, definitely an improvement over the vanilla. I also love how you can over-absorb virus even with the CAS-9 proteins, especially if you have a flagella.

1 Like

Congratulation Nein! i followed your project, i really love how much you work on this, keep do it!
:muscle::muscle::muscle:

2 Likes

I’m excited to see you port your mod to the current game when you told me in discord.

how do i install this mod? the ADM link says it has been deleted

This mod is very outdated, and is for an old version of the game. The AMD dev build link is not maintained by me, and the file was probably deleted long ago.

1 Like

Does this mod work with the official 0.4.0.2 version of Thrive? Or maybe 0.4.1? Both of those are still available through the Thrive Launcher for download.

1 Like

how do i get the ADM dev build link?

Unless someone who still has the file sees these recent posts, I don’t think you will.

I don’t actually know why you would need that specific patch for the game. The AMD clouds fix if I remember right was just fixing the clouds not displaying on AMD GPUs. So if you have an nvidia GPU there should be no need to have that specific version. Also 0.4.1 should officially contain the AMD fix already so if the mod is still compatible with 0.4.1 there should be no need to try to track down that extremely specific version.

i don’t know wich kind of GPU i have, but i will check if it works in that version (thank you) it works (thank you)