0.4.0 hYPe thReAD!

I’ve attempted to convince my older brother to join the forums Cause he likes thrive

on a side note when 4.0 is released will you guys do another livestream shortly afterwards or some other time (just asking cause im curious)

We are planning on having a podcast on the day of the release. I won’t post the time yet as the event hasn’t been created on youtube yet.

1 Like

Thanktencharacterlimitfiller

wow im getting alot of :-1:

Quick question: uninstalling the old launcher is just a case of deleting the files right? I don’t think the app wrote any system info, and I can’t see an uninstall file.

(Also @TheXenomorphian: It’s because of the “tencharacterlimitfiller”. That’s against the rules, and if you have a post of under 10 characters, it is most likely simply not something that will add anything / can’t be replaced with just a like / emoticon reaction )

1 Like

Yes. All the files it creates are also under its folder. Which made updating a bit inconvenient but now the 1.0.3 version will put all the files it creates into AppData/Roaming.

Soon.

4 Likes

You weren’t expecting that fill, were ya?

Anyway, my countdown is a little inaccurate as we’ll be posting the release a lot earlier than this tomorrow. Feel free to go crazy regardless.

5 Likes

Huh, never saw that concept art. Is this from the conception stage, where you try to kickstart the big bang?

3 Likes

This will be a remembered moment in history, when before 1 day of the thrive 0.4.0 release, Oliveriver was on a budget, and thus had no photo to put inside the number.

I am kidding of course, and i cant wait for the activity of the forum to boom.

I ALSO cant wait to see if any users from the old forum will be back, i would like to be able to talk with them if i can :smile:

That feel when my birthday is literally tommorow.

Is this a message?

2 Likes
WE HAVE WAITED YEARS FOR THIS
THE TIME HAS COME
LET THE AGE OF MULTICELLUAR ORGANISMS BEGIN
5 Likes

Handel always gets a like from me.

3 Likes

With musical talent and a profile picture like yours, of course!

I always jam out to your Thrive music, especially Robocracy and the Swamp theme.

May I tempt you with some downloads for those?

Anyway, on topic, I have the Devblog and trailer for 0.4.0 ready. I’ll be pressing publish some time tomorrow, right after someone else publishes the GitHub release. So…HYPE.

These temptations are killing me.

As for the trailer, i’m very thrilled to hear that Thrive will remerge into existence once more, and hopefully stay on that path.

Hooray for thrive in 15 hours

1 Like

“Thrive is meant as a simulation of an alien planet, therefore it makes sense that most creatures you find will be related to one or two other species due to evolution happening around you, see if you can identify them!”
Stealing from the Help menu to generate some HYPE. I CAN WAIT!!!

1 Like

YAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYAAAAYYYYYYYAAAYYYYYYYYYYY
I WANNA PLAY THRIVE :slight_smile: :sunny: