I noticed there wasn’t a feedback thread for this version, so I made one. The patchmap makes the game much more interesting, and I think this version is a huge improvement. Still, I have some issues.
Many species as listed as having escaped engulfing, when in fact they merely bumped into each other endlessly and were unable to engulf each other due to being the same size. This results in huge population numbers despite the species not having escaped anything. Also, this population bonus doesn’t seem to apply to the player’s species, even though its AI exhibits the same behavior.
I wish I could make my nitrogenase stop making ammonia once I have enough, as it just wastes ATP after that.
I wish I could see the total amount of glucose my chloroplasts/thylakoids produce so that I can know how many metabolosomes/mitochondria I need. Of course, I can calculate the numbers by just adding the production values for each organelle, but a UI element showing the number would still help.
ATP does not need to be indicated both at the top of the screen and on the side. The side menu, despite being collapsable, should never be closed because it contains essential information. As such, the ATP value at the top could be removed, the suicide button could be shifted to the left, and the lux value could be moved to be in line with the rest of the UI instead of below it.
Differentiating the foreground and background is difficult sometimes, particularly in the coastal patch’s bright colors. I often can’t tell whether something is a nutrient cloud or just background color.
The tooltips for the larger organelles are wrong. The chloroplast gives +3 osmoregulation cost, not +2.