[0.5.6.0 - 0.5.9.0] Phosphate Generation

Generate your own Phosphates!

This is a simple mod that makes nitrogen fixing organelles generate phosphates on top of the usual ammonia. How do the organelles do that? Magic or something, I don’t know. What matters is that sessile cells are finally kind of viable!

Here’s an interesting by-product: If you make a sessile photosynthesizer with nitrogen fixation, then find another member of your species and leave the game running for long enough, that cell will reproduce exponentially.

Download

Dropbox link [0.5.6.0 - 0.5.8.1] (no Steam)

Dropbox link [0.5.9.0+] (no Steam)

How to install:

1. Download from the link of your choice above

2. Find your mods folder. Easiest way is to open the game, go to Extras → Mods, and click the “Open Folder” button.

3. Unzip the file in your mods folder

4. Use the built-in mod loader to load the mod

5. Enjoy :slight_smile:

Compatibility

This mod shouldn’t clash with any known mod. It only modifies the file bio_processes.json.

Old mod works in 0.5.6.0 - 0.5.8.1. Updated mod works only in 0.5.9.0.

Edit: The old version of this mod breaks in 0.5.9.0. I added a link to an updated version of the mod under “Download” that works in 0.5.9.0. If you can’t open your game in 0.5.9.0 due to an old version of this mod, you can manually remove the mod from your mods folder. You can do so by opening the game in 0.5.8.1, going to mods and opening the mods folder. Alternatively you can also do the following if you’re on Windows:

1. Type %appdata% in your search bar
  2. Go to Thrive → mods
  3. Remove PhosphateGeneration from your mods folder
  4. Now you should be able to open Thrive without problems.

Edit 2: This mod breaks in 0.5.10 and will cause a crash if you open the game in 0.5.10 with the mod enabled. Remove the mod from your mods folder to avoid the crash. Instructions above. I’m not planning to update the mod to 0.5.10 or any other future versions, since the vanilla game now has passive reproduction in the new update, making the mod redundant. If you have some reason why you would still want updated versions of this mod, you can tell me why and I might consider it.

13 Likes

Blockquote Here’s an interesting by-product: If you make a sessile photosynthesizer with nitrogen fixation, then find another member of your species and leave the game running for long enough, that cell will reproduce exponentially.

cool, that’s why plants are not animal-like, because they reproduce very fast, faster than they are eaten!

4 Likes

Hey dud whill you release a 0.5.10 version or this mod

1 Like

ow thx i geuse no mod

the main reason i think it would be good for this mod to be updated is so you can accumulate phosphate in a colony or have your phosphate accumulation rate be equal to ammonia accumulation rate

1 Like

That whoude be good but i think he sesd there whint be a 0.5.10 update for the mod