0.5.8 Release Candidate Testing

Just make a multicellular organism capable of moving iron chunks around and you will be fine

1 Like

How mqny cell power need to move one chunk of iron?

Probably not very many if you exploit the immediate rotation to exploit the physics to move the rocks.

i see

that need a Research thing to do

So, while I was testing 0.5.8 rc1, I noticed some bugs. Some of them may have been already responded to before my comment, but I want to share these bugs that i have noticed (this is my first message on this forum BTW)

1. Random cell placement bug
    Sometimes your cell placement from multicell editor is not going to represent how your organism looks like. Cells in final organism after editor section may be placed in wrong positions - especially when there is plenty of empty space near them. If cells are placed like “Whiskers” around organism’s base, they will tend to be placed nearer center of this organism. This bug also makes creating organisms with hollow insides nearly impossible (or impossible) as cells will spawn inside organism rather than create walls around empty inside of organism.
    Also if your organism’s body is filled with cells, they may spawn outside of cell walls they are supposted to be inside of.
    When you use editor after playing with organism with glitched cells, you will find that they moved inside editor aswell. you will have to press del button on top of them and replace them with new cells, which means you have lesser amount of mutation point spent on actually upgrading your organism.

Possible way to fix this bug is to make editor “remember” how organism looked like in last editor section, and not to base organism in editor from organism you played as in last round.

1. Cell overlap glitch.
    Sometimes cells of some cell type will spawn inside other cells, overlaping with them. This will often cause speed of organism to decrease, and you will have to spent more time on finding resources to build new cells and reproduce.
    Strangely enought, These overlaping cells, at least in mine cause, weren’t ever placed in editor, so if you had organism made of 3 cells, you could then have glitched one with 5 cells. IDK what causes this.

2. Weird glitched cell hitbox
    This bug was mentioned above as I have seen.
    Sometimes, very commonly, there is weird point over your stem cell in multicellular, that sucks compounds. This is likely some positioning glitch.

3. Growing organism from non-stem cell bug.
    Im not sure if this is bug.
    If your organism got broken apart due to bug, and cells were released to enviroment, Non-Stem cells will start to grow organism back as if they were stem cells.
    A cool idea to fix that would be that those non-stem cells will turn in stem cells and after this they will start growing organism back.

There were some other bugs which i have encountered, such as:
-“species civil war glitch”, where your unicellular forms attack your multicell forms as if you were other species
-Your multicell organisms not spawning naturally, only be reproducing at start of new round or by budding via damage
-Storage of phospate and ammonia not being transported correctly to reproduction bars, you are able to see their numbers in down-left corner being drained. Sometimes they are stuck here for longer and get drained to reproduction bar in one massive blow.
-Multicell organisms seemingly not deviding into new species
-Some organism not moving at all for seemingly no reason

i sure wonder.
It only takes like 3 cells then you can push iron chunks by spinning on them and stuff.

So I played the game in the “candidate testing mode”, but not a long time.

My main complaint is that when I enter the multicellular stage and have added the stem cells together and continue on playing, the organism seems to explode/come apart, leaving me a single cell with no way to bind again.

But keep in mind, I played for a short while, enough to get to the multicellular editor mode and haven’t explored beyond that much.

oh that’s a part of the game, you don’t bind you grow, just gather phosphate and ammonia and you will be good, they multiply

2 Likes

ah, okay, makes sense that it multiplies when it grows
But a thing I noticed that in the editor, you can’t actually get rid of placed cells?
Like when I right click, it doesn’t bring up the “Move, Delete, Modify” menu

you need to use the delete key to delete them

That is actually very unintended side effect of reusing existing code components…
I can’t guarantee that doesn’t glitch out things later.

i try another one thing:

it i call “something”

The prototype feels great already, but I think I have three suggestions.

First, I would love to have the ability to determine how my organism grows, e.g. which cell is created first.

Second, I would love to have the ability to differentiate cells after they were created, so that the first one or two can spawn as copies of the stem cell but switch over to another cell type later on.

Lastly, as far as I observed, abilities like shooting toxins are seemingly still applied from the original cell only, which doesn’t necessarily have a free field of fire. I think it would be good if things like that were handled globally for the organism as a whole

2 Likes

For some reason it isnt showing my comment here, as i said, since the name is randomly generated it wont always make grammatical sense and isnt really supposed to, also its really supposed to be kind of alien so. All we can really do is take steps to minimize how much they butcher a language lol. Ruruwhateverian also makes no sense in english lol but it sounds like an alien name so thats all it needs to do.
Unless we want to make a seperate generator for every language, which is obviously not a great idea heh.
Just interprate the randomly generated name as you want to interpret it with some imagination, is the planet name ruruwhatever? Maybe!

Its easier with randomly generated species names because everyone accepts they are meant to be latin-ish even if most of the generated names are actually completely nonsensical (which they are, by the way). With continent and planet names its a bit more challenging heh

There’s two replies from you in a row that I at least see both.

Yeah the forum was acting weird for a second there.

I’ll remove the first post.

1 Like

20220416_102628

20220416_092257
Damn whats happening to my cell? Why are there other cells inside of me?

You can use Snipping Tool for screenshots, you know.

Or press F12 and the game itself will take a screenshot.

I’ll close this thread as 0.5.8 is now out properly.