0.5.8 Release Candidate Testing

random chloroplast even though no cells have evolved a nucleus, and i also found a flagellum even though no cells evolved one of those either.

That has been a thing since years ago.

Looks like I only bothered to open an issue about it in 2021 after people had complained about it over the years.

2 Likes

its possible to nerf the rotate speed of the multicell?
when i use that, i can just use the iron chank and move very quickly, can comsume everything in the path.

its fill overpower

2 Likes

This may be a niche opinion, but i think the prices of organelles and other cell parts should be decreased once the player hits multi-cellular stage, because it is very tedious making new cell types when certain things cost so much.

also, the multicellular editor kind of sounds like the music of a medieval ride at an amusement park to me

Also ALSO, if you are in multicell stage and have a cell that is part of you and it has an oxy toxi shooter thing, you cant shoot it unless it is the base cell that you are.

Also ALSO A L S O, i find it funny and nice that if you signal a cell to move to you, it can push you wherever. This is good for multicell stage because if your adult form has a flagellum, and you don’t, then not to worry! just signal them to move to you, and get infront of them. I reccomend having 2 pilus in the front for a bit of ease of use.

Too bad the only way to actually kill cells is either have your stem cell at the front or engulf. Both spikes and Toxins don’t work when not on the main cell, and toxins don’t work when your main cell is in the center because the multicellular prototype is really janky and doesn’t really recognize the other cells as well as the main cell are all one organism.

As well as this, I find that my main cell takes damage, even when there is nothing happening to it, only to my main mouth cell, and even when nothing is happening. Yes, I have a positive ATP balance, and I just randomly take damage and die.

Also, for some reason I am able to find multiple Primium Thrivium right when I enter a new game, but when I am much, much farther into the game, it is rare for me to even come across a single organism for me to prey on before I die from not enough glucose.

If this is able to all be fixed, as well as being able to move placed cells/rotate them in the organism editor (I think, but correct me if I’m wrong in this, but it’s because the order of new cells spawning), by numbering in what order cells come in after you finish the editor, the Multicellular stage will be great.

Those were already reported. Though the spikes was reported as working if your main cell also has them.

How do the toxins not work? Do they not shoot out from the main cell (and ignore colliding with the other cells in your colony)?

I think I already said above that this is likely a Godot engine physics bug where it doesn’t tell us which specific shape actually collided so we just need to fallback to assuming the colony leader got hit.

The cells in colonies might actually count for the entity limit, which is kind of not intended, but also kind of good at the same time, because the game will lag down to 5 FPS if way too much stuff is allowed to spawn.

Rip predators.

Too bad I got 1–2 FPS while in the prototype.

wait i was playing for a few hours wondering why my organism constantly got destroyed by really small ones…

I tried, but for me the spikes were just dead weight blocking movement, not damage.

When I shoot the toxin from my main cell in the center, it stops once it reaches the cell past it because (I think) the game sees that the toxin hit a cell, even though the cell was part of my organism.

Mind that when it stops spawning that many cells there are rarely any on the screen, and without cells for my multicellular creature to eat, it won’t have enough glucose to sustain ATP for enough time before adding another cell to my multicellular creature.

Not sure if it was reported already, but engulfment acts a bit odd as well as a multicellular organism without your stem-cell in front, which I assume is related to Godot physics as well. It seems like smaller microbes don’t go into the cell in front; they still take damage and will die eventually, but if they have a pilus, your front cell more likely than not dies as well. I haven’t tested to see if engulfment works normally if it was your stem cell in front.

i try to play with the muilticell and i think i found 2 “bugs”, i thinks:

1. if u instal toxin on non-player cell, u cant use it at all
  2. sometime it one cell can glitx to other locale in the grid after u loging to the editor, somever around the 9 cell

After testing a bit more, with my Stem Cell at the front (in a cavity like a mouth) I can definitely confirm the game is much better. Sadly, I find the game very buggy after the ~10 cell mark, adding new cells when I never wanted them, cells overlapping, and editing not being able to be undone, or the cell you are able to edit not being switchable.

Too bad you can’t move cells, because this would fix a lot of these problems.

As well as this, I think a limit of only 100 MP is too little, so how about you simplify MP costs to 100 a cell, and in multicellular you specify expensive and cheap items, with say 50 Mp for a cheap item, and 100 for an expensive item. For adding new cells, assume C=Cells, and G=Generations. (C x 2)/(3/4G). So, for evolution 1 you can add 2 cells. for evolution 2 you can add 3, for evolution 3 you can add 5, for evolution 4 you can add 7, for evolution 5 you can add 9, and so on and so forth. Once you add sexual reproduction, you can then multiply both the 100 and (C x 2)/3/4G) by 1.5.

Also, adding contractile fibers, able to contract and expand, will be needed soon, to change the shapes of cells, maybe by changing the behavior editor to have a slight coding function (something like, when pressing C, retract contractile fibers in cells A, B, C, and D, then wait 1 second, the expand the contractile fibers in cells A, B, C, and D, for an eating example) for muscles and such.

1 Like

Imo something like this is too complicated to implement and beyond the scope of the game, you should check out the game crescent loom, It demonstrates that creating a muscle structure and programming it is so complex that it works as a full game by itself.

1 Like

do u also then try to play as multi-cell u die just randomy after u try to engulf cells?

my one run have ruin befoe that i just die randomy without taking any damege

(it did say in the ran after i close the q: “cannot engulf”, even i a bigger then him)

a problem with multicellular stage when first becoming multicellular is that you spawn with a bunch of you’s that you binded to previously, and they all want to kill you since you’re technically a different species.

1 Like

there needs to be a set distance or radius where you spawn, like 5 units ahead of the furthest point away from the main cell.

they shouldnt even BE there, since its like 100 million years into the future.

not exactly, you are a mutation of that species, its not like you spontaneously pop up after 100 million years

Well its kind of confusing when theres a bunch of things that look exactly like you except not multicellular.

I suppose this is where colored membranes come into play