0.6.5 Release Candidate Testing

yep

it continues making around 400 atp/s at its peak even after i respawn despite the editor saying i should be making 40atp/s from iron though, and it uses the normal amounts of iron. i’m guessing that’s why i can’t keep glucose or h2s in my cell once i run out until i die and respawn though.

after restarting the game the editor says i should be making 20 atp/s from 0.8 iron, and now, at its peak, iron chemoautotrophy is making 710atp/s from 2.84 iron, so it was probably also my computer being weird that made it 40 and 400.

I’ll try to fix it and reproduce this problem once I get through the other reported bugs already on my list.

Do you have mods installed? One other player who reported similar had mods installed that seemed to cause the problem (or at least the problem went away after removing the mods).

i do have mods installed, but only one affects the cell chemistry and i hadn’t installed that yet there. all of my active mods before that were just cosmetic.

Still could you retry with 0 mods enabled (and after restarting Thrive)? If you get the problem to appear after that please make a save where the problem is visible and send it to me.

Edit: made a fix for this as well:

1 Like

I’ll try that when I get home, but the problem disappeared after restarting without disabling or enabling any mods last time.

On another note, I haven’t tested it with any small cells or on more than one save yet, but the myofibrils don’t seem to be increasing my speed when I place them, but flagellae are doing so noticably. I’ll test to see if it’s just how big my cells are making the myofibrils not work, if it’s just the specific save, if it’s the installation, or if it’s the computer as well when I get home.

Myofibrils only do anything in the macroscopic prototype (late multicellular, they don’t do anything in early multicellular).

I’ve found that cells can easily be pulled from a multicell creature when in contact with other cells, and it happens a lot. Multicell is still very difficult to get through, because of that and the pre-existing bugs (things getting stuck on my creature at a distance, and overlapping things getting stuck).
And it’s a minor issue, but I’ve noticed in single-cell that the auto-evo energy numbers sometimes get wrapped round to the line below, looking messy.

1 Like

Can you please provide a save? Assuming the issue sticks through a save. I still only have a hunch that a pilus collision gets created at an incorrect location, but that is literally everything I know about this bug.

It’s still better than the lead cell getting pulled out immediately and destroying the entire colony, right? That was how it was before the latest bugfix.

How long were the numbers? I’ll assume that my improvement to give more horizontal room for the numbers is enough:

Edit: the release is out now

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.