A mod for transitional cutscenes

Making cutscenes is extra work that ultimately doesnt add much to the game. Plus it goes against the gradual evolution our team is trying to evoke. But there are and will be people that still want them in the game. It gives a feeling of accomplishment. So i thought I’d make this thread for those people to brainstorm and cooperate to make them. We’ll start with Microbe to Multicellular, as that’s what being worked on right now.

Microbe to Multicellular
Pretty straight forward. One of the cells in your colony will break off, then divides into two cells attached. Those daughter cells become four. And soon enough, they’re a duplicate of the colony you started the cutscene as, solidifying your status as a multicellular being. Another cell splits off again, and that will be the one you play once this cutscene ends.

Multicellular to Aware
Your creature will pause in tracks. Your view will initiate something like an x-ray, focusing on the creature’s brain. It begins to secrete a flurry of murky colors, brightened by a bursting spark of light in the center, representing awareness. They now have a mind. Returning to a normal view, your creature examines the different parts of itself in newfound curiosity. With a slightly joyed expression they assume their normal position. Things are gonna get real. End of scene

I think I will help
Aware for Awakening
Your creature is curiously looking some rocks, while the rest of the group is eating in the background. Suddenly, a spark appears. Your creature is startled, but then begins to look closer. He concludes that it might be something useful, so he runs off to warn the group of her discovery.

Awakening to society
A creature holding a spear walks by, and they find a wild grain, and they eat it, and they grab another, then, they decide to plant it, and the pet the grain like a pet. Then, there is a village with primitive straw huts, and a field of grain.

Society to Industrial
A creature is whistling, and they find a piece of coal, burn it, and notice that the steam is moving a wheel hanging above it. So, the creature builds a steam machine, and in the background, it is a timelapse of more and more factories being built.

Industrial to Space
There is a cutscene of a timer reading: 5… 4… 3… 2… 1…
Then, a rocket launches and lands on a different planet, and space colonists come out, and begin building a base

Edit: @hhyyrylainen I kind of forgot about the double post thing since I was reading the previous posts and copied their style

Please edit your posts instead of triple posting.

If you want to make separate sections, simply do a few underscores, and it will separate it.

^See? Better than taking up three times the memory space with three posts

1 Like

Do not double triple post as you got already told. I deleted your triple post.

Edit: I’m kind of tempted to see if someone ever does a triple post (in someone else’s thread this limit doesn’t apply to your own thread) and then is completely blocked from posting more in that thread if no one replies to them.