Achievements

Good luck trying to find a scientific name for

Also I think achievements should be pretty lighthearted fun so having creative names for them, I think, is better. Though, I’m not against having some achievements named after a scientific term, but for those they should also not be obvious. For example I think it’s pretty useless having an achievement for using photosynthesis. Instead there could be an achievement for having net positive glucose from photosysnthesis.

2 Likes

Call it Pemmaphobia, easy

3 Likes

Easy when you know latin.

I have some stupid achievements to share:

Too stupid to live, Too dumb to die:

Successfully ascend to the tribe stage without a brain.

Darwin play with dice

Ascend as Thrive Prime in the finale stage

Unlimited power!!

you got enogh energy to control a galaxy

Omega LOL Kardashev

Create a new universe before reach to space

Hello darkness my only friend

Witness the end of the universe, and survive

Glorious Evolution

Give up on weak flash for a strong metal body (become a full society of machine/cyborg)

Metallic taste

as a Iron eater, find a metal world

Too good to be true

leave the realty to be in paradise build by your Matrioshka brain

Sound of silence

Contact for the first time with alien without the ability to speak/make any noise
“The true answer for the Fermi paradox: they cant speak”

God complex

Call Your species base on the creators of Thrive

1 Like

I am going to put out these suggestions then if okay

1: drill for the heavens: turning your creature into a genet/clonal colony, the title is a reference to gurren lagann because in the anime they make robots out of robots and a genet is an organism made of multiple organisms(similar to how a multicellular creature is made of several cells)

2: it was worth it: make a species go instinct because of extreme gender dimorphism(stuff like horns that are to big for the head to carry, or a mating call that attracts all nearby predators to your location)

3: autolord: complete the game with every possible autotrophic mechanism possible

Edit: I had to correct a spelling error

1 Like

Power corrupts: experience a revolution or avoidable crisis of some sort due to corrupt officials.

And ultimate power corrupts ultimately: loose the game due to corrupt artificial deities (post-singularity AI, time traveling maniac, ancient sentient superweapon, ect.)

That’s some all tomorrows bull****: genetically engineer two or more distinct ecosystems out of your fallen enemies.

Hitchcockian suspense: know when, and how you will loose the game well in advance of when you will.

3 Likes

[Monkey noises]
Become an arborial species which uses one pair of limbs for moving in the canopy.

2 Likes

Now your thinking with portals!: Invent portal technology.

Burn life’s house down with lemons!: Genetically engineer a species of plant that produces lemon-like fruits with a napalm-like juice that ignites on contact with oxygen.

Nightmare world: As an advanced space-faring civilization, create an artificial planet or satellite that resembles silent hills otherworld.

A pirates life for me: Become a pirate in early civilization stage (or space stage.)

2 Likes

No Thank You: go through the evolution editor without changing

Right at home: go through ten evolution editor cycles without changing

Paragon: go through 50 evolution editor cycles without changing

I am all I want to be: go through 100 evolution editor cycles without changing

2 Likes

Philosophy is for nerds: get to space stage without ever pondering the meaning of life.

Philosophy is poggers actually: discover the meaning of life.

Nukepunk: become an interstellar species with your most advanced power systems being fissile based, same with your best weapons, and without semi-conductors.

Ancapistan: establish an an-cap “state” without it immediately devolving into neofeudalism, mad Max, or Amazon “letting go” random portions of the human population with McNukes. This falls under the category of impossible achievements for those who are making achievements where you need to do impossible tasks or whatever. Changing human nature is illegal (No shade, but an-cap humans are laughable)
Edit: it is literally 9:16 here In PCT someone told me it’s late by gosh

1 Like

This is actually my first reply to another post, so thats pretty cool. Anyway, here’s some achievement ideas.

One Small Step… - Step foot on land for the first time.

…One Giant Leap - Step foot on a celestial body other than your homeworld for the first time.

Narcissist - Create a monothestic religion where you are the one, true god!
(This could be achieved by using the in-game user name as the name for the god.)

Mutually Assured Construction - After a nuclear war that sends your civilization back to the Awakening Stage, sucessfully rebuild and re-invent all lost technologies.

So Long, And Thanks For All The Fish - Be uplifited as an aquatic species and head to the stars.

3 Likes

Here are some ideas:

Yuuzhan Vong: Advance to space stage using only biological creatures and no non-living technology

Vector Prime: Conquer the galaxy using only biological creatures and no non-living technology.

Dark Tide: Invade another galaxy after conquering your own with only living creatures.

3 Likes

Rise of the empire: Create an empire for the first time.
South Park is here: Create a civilization in a cold place.
Why?: Lose an empire because of a betrayal of an ally.
How?: Lose an empire because your enemy managed to conquer your well-fortified Capital

1 Like

Deus vult gone wrong: have how and why happen in the same save file.

1 Like

Biota on the Brain (Tribal) - During the Tribal stage, discover and document all the organisms in your area

Biota on the Brain (Society/Industrial) - During the Industrial stage, discover and document all of the organisms on your planet

Biota on the Brain (Space Stage (divided into 4 parts)) - Part One - Discover and document all organisms on your home planet and another celestial body - Part Two - Discover and document all organisms in your solar system - Part Three - Discover and document all organisms in your galaxy - Part Four - Discover and document all organisms in your universe

Part 2 and part 4 are- iffy. Why would there be any other life forms other than on your planet? Even if europa or mars has life here on earth, why would your planet be in such a system. Some people would luck out and get part 2 before part 1. As for part 4: um. Due to how the universe expands that’s impossible.

Impossible, “Discover and document all organisms in your solar system” include your own planet

Part 1 include another celestial body, part 2 does not

I always assume a solar system has more life my bad, I’m making a solar system where life is on every object you can find so I’m used to thinking in that mindset. Maybe it could be a certain number of celestial bodies, or all life in your and one other solar system (the first, other than your home?) that you encounter?

As to part 4, My understanding was that the Universe was expanding very gradually? Anyway, planets wouldn’t form quickly enough, much less with life, to truly make this achievement impossible I would think, though this would definitely be for a dedicated player.

However, the problem is that this assumes the thrive universe is finite, even if it is incredibly large. If there is absolutely no limit on how large a thrive universe can be than this would be null. Maybe it would just require x number of galaxies to be explored and biota documented?

Even if the universe is finite it expands faster than light. Each light year expands about- never? Really slowly. But when there’s a million light years, light speed is necessary to keep up. Billions? Nothing can keep up.

1 Like