Anthropologists on Theory Team

Howdy y’all! I’ve just discovered Thrive, and I’m loving what I’m seeing so far. I’d love to join the team, but I just want to kind of gauge my usefulness before I make a formal application. I feel like my skill set could be useful later in the project. I have training in the areas of Human Evolution and Cultural Development, though my personal expertise is in Archaeology and Linguistics. Any other Anthropologists on the team? Is there, I dunno, a pressing lack of Anthropologists that absolutely needs to be filled? Either way, I’m looking forward to seeing what Thrive will become.

2 Likes

Welcome! I’m not on the development team, so I can’t answer your questions officially. However, I know that the game is still in the microbial stage (both literally and metaphorically), so I don’t think there will be any development on the aware or society stages for a long time. But don’t let me dissuade you. I’m sure the team could find some use for you.

2 Likes

I tried to get our theory team lead to reply, but apparently he’s busy.
So I’ll give some kind of answer. As Solitarian said we are still in the microbe stage, so your specialty doesn’t apply yet.
It seems that we have an unofficial policy that really far away discussions might as well happen right here on the community forums, so you can post any ideas / things you want to talk about in #future-game:society-stage (or any other suitable category).

1 Like

Hi Dradio1,

Your expertise sounds great and if we were working on the civilised stages of the game I think it could be super useful. However atm it’s all microbes and after that we will probably work on creatures so it could be a few years before that sort of thing is happening.

1 Like

Yeah, I figured that would be the answer. Thanks for the quick replies though, I’ll definitely be in touch down the line. I probably have some colleagues I could convince to help as well. In the meantime, I’m looking forward see what you guys bring next.

2 Likes
Welcome to our forums @Dradio1! I won’t repeat the same thing that was mentioned before, except hhyyrylainen saying that there is #future-game:society-stage. In that same category, I made a thread about general ideas about the society stage, which is a kind of medieval historical period. However, if your ideas are way bigger than suggestions, you can still create a thread for that idea.

Anyway, welcome!