Binomial nomenclature randomization optimization

Sometimes I just want to modify the specific epithet and keep the genus name. Although it is not difficult to copy genus name, considering the standardization of Binomial nomenclature, it may be better to separate genus names and specific epithet for independent naming and randomization.
k1

1 Like

I think that unnecessarily complicates the UI. The random name button is just that, a way for the player to pick a random new name if they can’t come up with anything.

1 Like

The upper part is the name preview, and the lower part is the name modification. Perhaps in normal state, you only need to display the upper part and switch to the lower part when changing the name. Perhaps a dedicated window? Naming may have a sense of ceremony.

Sometimes I want to express the connection between this new species and the previous species, especially when the new species has not undergone significant changes. At this point, I will only modify the specific epithet. However, I think many people may not have the habit of renaming their species when playing games.

Players can choose which way to do naming, so they can still keep a link between the generations if they wish. I would just like the ability to have a third word in the name, for subspecies, and so on.

1 Like

I just want to randomly modify specific epithet separately.
For subspecies, at present, species differentiation has not been achieved in the game, and the criteria for defining subspecies are difficult to achieve.

1 Like