Can we have a predict time table for the future updates?

Can we have a predict time table for the future updates?

It’s really hard to predict how long things will take.

The only thing I can say for sure is that no release is coming for a while.

With software it’s very hard to predict how long something takes. With Thrive it is even worse as people work on Thrive in their spare time and contributions are very sporadic.

For example one of the features planned for next release gets some commits every few days (on average) so the progress is quite unpredictable:

may be I will try to design one?

We literally have no idea tho. There was a graph once which showed the time between each version (I couldn’t find it though, looked bloody everywhere, from the older forum to the wiki to every single devblog. I should sleep) and the time between updates varied from move than a year to a couple weeks.

2 Likes

I found it

1 Like

Someone should update that to show the almost year and a half between 0.3.4 and 0.4.0.

Tadah

2 Likes

but that is because engine change,also now we have more people joining the comunity. I think things will speed up.

Believe me, the amount of people joining is roughly the same. Sure, it may seem like more people join, but not many stay after losing interest/asking the one question they needed answered

Speaking of the amount of people joining, i cannot believe i have been on this forum for almost a year now. Also, my birthday is the same day i joined here, so that will be a fun event!

1 Like

There are 254 “new” users, and most of them haven’t been seen for at least 4 months

2 Likes