Crash at startup - Graphics issue, missing libOpenGL.so

When launching the game for the first time, I was prompted with the following notice:

I would love to use my dedicated graphics card, but I have no idea where I can find how to switch it.
Clicking continue would launch the game (Or attempt to, at least). Each time I click Launch, it crashes (the game, not the launcher).

I’ve done nothing but download the game. No mods or alterations are present.

Crash Log: https://pastebin.com/HjiLhRdF
Log File(s) could not be located.

Specs:
Dell Inspiron R17 N7110 (Intel Core i5)
GeForce GT 525M Dedicated Graphics and Intel Integrated HD graphics
Thrive 0.4.3 running on Ubuntu 19.10, GNOME 3.34.1
12 GB DDR3 RAM

1 Like

This is indeed a result of your Intel card interacting with your Thrive application.

Most drivers have a dedicated application which allows you to configure running applications; in this case, I believe it would be the Nvidia Control Panel.

Here is a post regarding a similar issue to Thrive’s Intel issue. The first answer seems to be the way to do it.

Problem: NVIDIA Control Panel isn’t available for Ubuntu, or any other Linux distribution.
According to Ubuntu’s settings panel, I’m utilizing the Dedicated graphics card rather than the Intel one. According to my XServer Settings (The closest thing I have to the NVIDIA control panel.), The NVIDIA processor is set to always be used.

1 Like

Huh, interesting.

I’m unfamiliar with Linux, so unfortunately I’m not too sure what to do. A quick search brought up this:

If you already did this or if it doesn’t work, I would suggest you wait for hhyyrylainen, the lead programmer for this team. He’s on frequently, so don’t worry, he’ll get to you as soon as he can.

Good luck on dealing with this.

Already configured. Thanks for the help, though!

1 Like

This is the relevant part from the logs: Description: Could not load dynamic library libbsfGLRenderAPI.so. System Error: libOpenGL.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

The game fails to load the opengl rendering module because your system does not have libOpenGL.so.0 installed

So you need to install whatever package contains libOpenGL on ubuntu. The correct package migth be libopengl0

That… worked…

Thank you so much!

2 Likes