Devblog #53: The Birds & The Bees Update

16 Likes

With the features added by this update I fully expect that, in some Thrive spaces atleast, there will be an uptick in the amount of a certain kind of jokes…

6 Likes

I just realized the green organism on the right side of the preview image has a shape similar to a fighterjet.

4 Likes

Lots of multicellulars I make for instance also look like fighterjets at some points of their life

3 Likes

Foreshadowing those eventual vehicles in later stages, perhaps?

3 Likes

Maybe… Or perhaps those are just the shapes we’ve decided fit the best for motile multicellulars.

3 Likes

I tend to just make really big blobs of cells. In my sub series where I was trying to make the biggest cell colony possible that the game could handle I made smaller circles of cells that were connected by two cells between each β€œmini colony”

1 Like

Wouldn’t they be easily broken off if something killed these bridge cells?

Did each circle (blob) of smaller cells have a different function?

1 Like

Atm you don’t need that much specialization to live in multicellular so they wouldn’t need to be too differenciated tbh