Different Technologies

We have electricial technology. But other civilizations maybe use Hydraulic systems or stuff. I dont know very much on this theme I just wanted to bring it into discussion.

Sorry for bad english

2 Likes

Or clockwork (shmowzow)

Now I am think that I could make a steampunk style alien civilization.

Or a cool alien (like the movie alien) civilization that use biopink tech

Well, it’s all in how you transfer and store energy. It just so happens that mechanical (kinetic) systems are simple and electrical systems are compact and easily transportable.
Car (combustion) engines run on how hot gas (produced by igniting fuel) exerts force, and that force is used to turn the wheels. However, many cars are also assisted or fully powered by electronic motors, charge being generated by the fuel’s reaction.

If you want, you could have machines powered by nuclear reactors inside them. While I won’t deny that it would be stupid, it would certainly be interesting. After all, nuclear power plants are just fancy steam engines - heating up water to become steam and turn a generator, making electricity.

2 Likes

whatever clockwork, electricial or hydrodynamic things, in fact ,they are all the same-all power.
so theoretically the role of technology could be simply the same as ours-start from simple machines like wheels and screws, then get to steam-work machines, after that, became working on purified power-electricity.
Just for theory, idk actually.
One sci-fi writer in China called Cixin Liu wrote a story. It’s not the point what the story is, the story inside imagined a kind of civilization-they have too many kinds of creature that they didn’t even need to try to work on science. when they need to tell the mankind of intruders, they just used a part of one kind of symbiotics then just sent it. It even did not need a rocket!
So for this way, there’s maybe another kind of technology-just biology, no science, no math, no physical, just biology,
but it’s nearly impossible for the thrive to do that because we evolved the whole species. It’s too fking(sorry) hard to get every kind of creature that can take the place of everything.
so- ALL HAIL TO THE GREAT ELECTRICITY. that’s not wrong for nearly all the time:)