Editor Idea (selecting biome)

When Biomes become difrent the editor shoud tell u what biome u are going to be in next cuz what if ur an plant and u get put in abis u shoud know so u can get rid of chloroplasts.

1 Like

Well, there will be a bioluminescent function later, so plants can use it. I’m just saying…
But I agree we should know the biome somehow, but we can deduce it with the background image.

1 Like

FYI: plants can’t use bio luminescent to charge their chloroplasts, since that would create a perpetuum mobile.
Also, if I remember correctly, when the biomes start to vary you could either choose which biome you’ll spawn in or you’ll spawn in the biome you split in, so no accidentally spawning in an area without sunlight as a plant

1 Like

Once the biome differentiation is implemented you will need to explicitly use the editor to move to different biomes so that there isn’t just a random chance to spawn in a biome where you die because you aren’t adapted to it.

2 Likes

Actually, that’s not what I wanted to say, but I know I wasn’t clear enough. I basically meant that cells with chloroplasts could stick to bioluminescent cells in order to achieve photosynthesis. Even though, I don’t really think it’s enough, because there’s specific rays that are needed to achieve photosynthesis.

how would the bio luminescent creatures get energy though

By chemical processes, by using ATP, idk. I’m not a microbiologist and biochemistry unofficial expert yet, so I can’t answer that question.

Again, where would the ATP come from? Because cells get it using glucose and oxygen, but the glucose has to be synthesized to (which is done through either photosynthesis or chemosynthesis (or in a very rare case through electricity)). My point is, energy has to come from somewhere.

Also why will cells waste energy for others it wont make them beter than others so natural selection whoud kill them

Well, normally, energy almost always comes from the sun. The only useable energy by the cells that is independant from the sun is thermical energy.

yeah, but… how would the sun get energy there, if it’s in an abyss where light can’t reach?
(Also, no, energy doesn’t always come from the sun, chemosynthesis exist, where cells will get energy from the hydrogen sulfide that comes from under ground)

Hydrogen Sulfide!
YEAH!!!

With the power of Hyrdogen Sulfide, we will rule the ground!!!