Editor suggestions

I just checked out the Godot release, and the editor needs plenty of love.
I am aware that improving the power balance bar is currently being implemented, and fixing the “deleting new organelle costing MP” bug is a priority.

1. segmented MP bar to visually show how much your organelle would cost.

2. Increase the font size for the organelle menu. It’s tiny.

3. Feedback for placing an organelle. Sounds at the minimum (I actually submitted a Click Blocked sound, and Naro might have some UI sounds)

4. Allow us to de-select organelles, ties in with #1.

5. Add tooltips to the power balance bar.

On GitHub:

6 Likes

It’s not “by the book” to open an issue before discussion, but I’ll accept these as issues.
I split it into multiple issues so that it is easier to mark the parts as done and for people to find work to do.

2 Likes

If I try to place a flagella below a cell, it looks as if it goes through the cell. Could you change it so that it points downwards? To rotate it I tried the scroll wheel. The real rotator was “a” and “d” which felt really weird because they don’t rotate the cell when playing.

Well the tutorial mentions the rotating keys. I thought it would be overkill to force the player to rotate things so the tutorial doesn’t literally force you to rotate things.

Automatically rotating flagella and pili when placed has been suggested before but has various issues like the rotation needs to change as the player adds additional organelles and even then the player might end up in an annoying war with the auto rotating system leading to pretty frustrating UX. If someone wants to solve the issue I can look at the made solution but at this time I’ve not wanted to add this to our issue backlog to track this.