Endless Expanse

damn i got 1 and a 2 im off to a bad start lol

round 2 is now starting
@TristanMisja @Topcode @Cha @sci0927 if you expect to not be able to play this for a small amount of time say so and you will be skipped until you are back when you will be able to make up for the missed rounds

I think there was an error in my organism, it uses thermosynthesis as well. Unless the roll I got removed it.

Hmm, ima go with staying same place, mutating metabolosomes and flagellum. Question tho can I like, redo a failed mutation? If so instead of flagellum redo the rigid membrane.

you have to use a mutation to get thermosynthase and you had already used both of yours

yes

It had thermosynthesis before the mutations.
Did I misunderstand something?

the part where you start as a protobiont that just appeared by random chance and thus only has the bare minimum it needs to survive just like in thrive?

Oh okay. I thought you got to decide a starting trait for your cell.

Name: Primum thermoterra
Description: An organism that lives off of materials in substrate on the seafloor.
Original Habitat: The substrate on and around hydrothermal vents
New Habitat: None
Attempted Mutations: Colonialism, thermosynthesis

what would you like your membrane made of

Hmm, how about calcium carbonate, guess that’s a cell wall technically tho

What are the options?
Are they the same as in Thrive?

@TristanMisja @Topcode
the options are: open frustule, closed frustule, calcium carbonate, single, double, chitin, and cellulose i recommend the open frustule if you are planning to be a heterotroph as that offers protection and higher rigidity but still allows phagocytosis

name: primium capsilarus
attempted mutations: sulphur metabolosomes, RuBisCO but using H2S instead of H2O.
description: an autotrophic thermosynthesizing prokaryote that utilizes sulphur to break down glucose to make ATP
new habitat: water around vents

I’ll do single, since I don’t want my organism to be completely heterotrophic.

Ah, with those options I think I’ll go double actually.

open frustule is best for mixotrophs as it allows everything except cells eating you from certain angles and offers more protection than all others except for closed frustule(it still has holes in it) which forces you to be an autotroph if you are unicellular

I know, but I’m going to stick to single.

@Cha @sci0927 Have you decided?

@Cha @sci0927 have you decided what your cells will mutate to
you may only make one species until you have 10+ mutation points

I think you should roll the dice for now and then do @sci0927 and @Cha when they say what mutations they want

Woah, I’m lucky! What numbers did I get?

4 and 5
i have a plan for when someone reaches a patch with higher than 50% lux
next round starts now

1 Like