Error when launching Thrive

Playing Thrive 0.4.2

Thrive is running. Log output:

Process Started

child process exited with code 0

Thrive has exited normally (exit code 0)

I’ve been getting this error every time I try to boot up. I’m not sure if it’s my computer or smth like that, but if I could get help that would be awesome :upside_down_face: tahnks!

1 Like

Does it create a crash report? Does the report crash button appear in the launcher?

Which version of windows do you have?
Have you installed https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=52685 ?

I’m not sure how to check if there is a crash report or not. The report crash button does appear, but when I try to report it it says it failed. I also have installed Visual C++.

So the game does in fact manage to start, as it manages to create a crash report.
I’m going to guess that you are trying to run the game with intel graphics. We have gotten over 100 reports from people not being able to start the game. The game just does not work with many intel integrated graphics versions:

If you can find the crash report file you can do this:

Also I think I’ve identified the issue with some crash reports not being accepted:

So… I can’t play the game? I totally get it if I can’t, just looked for a game like spore.

Unless you happen to specialize in graphics programming, I’m afraid you’ll have to wait for someone to sort out the game to work on intel.
I’m guessing you have intel graphics. If you have a laptop with hybrid graphics (having both intel and nvidia graphics), you can use the nvidia control panel to make thrive run with it. There is a small chance that it is some other issue, though.

Whenever I try to play the current version, it crashes, it does not crash for previous versions.
This is the message that pops up:
Process Started

child process exited with code 3221225477

Plez help

I moved your post to this thread as I think (without more details) that you have intel integrated graphics and that’s the reason you can’t run the game.