"evil"Silicon valley corporations

there could definitely be some multibillionaire corporations at the end of the industrial age trying to overthrow you, and rule the nation+

1 Like

TheNATION®

What if I’m the corporation

That’s a cool concept, you taking control of the planet via domination of the economy.

Well, that would sort of work, but you can’t really be overthrown, I don’t believe, though I haven’t reached the Industrial stage in the prototypes yet, so I don’t know what it’s like.

Anyway, how would it work? Would it just be they sprout propaganda, or would they do something else, like blackmail? Or extortion? How would this be implemented, especially if the civilisation is a hive mind, or an economy-less civilisation?

the overthrow of the state by corporations is technically impossible, since corporations control states through lobbying, and such an overthrow would be as absurd as the destruction of profitable factories by corporations

That’s an interesting point, though it is now common practice for corporations to destroy profitable factories in order to build more profitable ones on the other side of the world.

1 Like