Exploit in Early Multicelluar Stage

I found an exploit in the early multicelluar stage where you can add an infinite number of cell parts to your stem cell. How I found it was that I added a neuron to my “stem” cell, but I realized it wasn’t my duplicated cell called “nerve”. It was added to my “stem” cell by accident. I decided to delete the “nerve” cell, which was not modified at this point and start over. I clicked duplicate on the “stem” cell, and then I went to edit the “stem” cell, deleted the neuron, and once I entered to the “nerve” cell, that’s when realized I found an exploit, as the duplicated neuron was there while I had 100 mutation points instead of 50.

To replicate it yourself: In the early multicelluar stage, add any parts of your choosing to your cell, and then duplicate the cell. Next, go back to your modified stem cell and refund all the added parts. Delete the cell and go to the duplicate stem cell. Now, your previous modifications will still be there, and you can add more to it with your refunded mutation points. Rinse and repeat.

An idea would be to prevent people from duplicating a cell once it has been modified until the next time they get to evolve.

1 Like

I was sure that this kind of exploit would have been fixed already as a very relevant looking issue was already closed:

I’ve opened a new issue based on this report:

2 Likes

Or just if you duplicate a cell immediately after modifying it, you dont get a refund on parts you placed before duplicating it unless you remove them on both cells.

2 Likes

Another idea is the one I had here, where creating a new cell is instead somewhere in the modify tab (the thing you see when you left click a cell) and when you click it, that cell becomes a new type of cell you can edit separately.

1 Like

I haven’t investigated the bug in depth, but I would assume that this would have the exact same bug, you’d just need to add the step of placing one cell.

The problem is that the action that modified the original cell type is allowed to be overridden by a later action which then results in refunded MP, but the action result has already been duplicated into the duplicated cell type.

2 Likes