Failed to Create OpenAL Device? Blackscreen

Hi,

So i just downloaded the game because i like the idea of it. Unfortunately i can’t start to play since i get no screen when i start the game, but i get the sound.

Loaded new AlphaHit texture: ThriveGeneric.png (2701x1001) LuaEngine init started Available Playback Devices: 0): Generic Software on Lautsprecher (High Definition Audio-GerACACA¡öåp> 1): Generic Software on Digitalaudio (S/PDIF) (High Definition Audio-Ger> Attempting default device: Generic Software on Lautsprecher (High Definition Audio-GerF" />ñöp [Error] Failed to Create OpenAL Device. Failed to get init openAL, retrying attempt 1 [Error] Failed to Create OpenAL Device. Failed to get init openAL, retrying attempt 2 Thrive version 0.3.4 with Lua 5.1 from LuaJIT 2.0.4 ready to go. [wmv3 @ 32a028a0] Extra data: 8 bits left, value: 0 [wmv3 @ 32a93540] Extra data: 8 bits left, value: 0 FPS: 34.6535 avg frame duration: 19.76529 ms FPS: 0.1070 avg frame duration: 32.97938 ms FPS: 55.2813 avg frame duration: 11.81422 ms

The error about openal is not relevant for you because you get sound (OpenAL is a sound library).

I guess the black screen might be caused by out of date graphics drivers or using old intel integrated graphics. Do you have a graphics card? If you do you should try set it to use it (at least with nvidia it is possible to change the preference in the graphics driver options)instead of intel graphics.

Yea man i got one and use it.
Is it possible that the graphics card is too old for this game? My Laptop is about 9 years old and therefore the graphics card is ancient af (geforce gt540m 512mb vram).
If so, that would be unfortunate :smiley: