Favorite Animal?

(The All-Seeing, The Advocate, The Alpha & Omega, & The Over-Confident) #1

This seemed like a cool thread that should have already existed on this forum given the scientific nature of the game.

The main idea is simple:

A- What is your favorite animal?
B- Why is that animal your favorite?
C- What other animals are really cool? (Optional)

Note: It doesn’t have to be an animal; please enlighten us on your favorite microbes or plants as well.
Note 2: Your reply doesn’t have to follow the ABC dash format up there; feel free to be artistic.

You may post nice pictures of your favorite animal whenever your heart desires.

(cerealkiller) #2

My fave animal was always the Okapi. It has such a magnificent presence but the decreasing population numbers concern me since my childhood.

Apart from that I really like peacocks, tapirs and pretty much any other bird.

(-) #3
  1. Crows
  2. They are smart, funny and… I see them every day!
  3. Any other birds, cats, dogs and their relatives, crocodiles, Komodo dragons.

(The All-Seeing, The Advocate, The Alpha & Omega, & The Over-Confident) #4

Just realised I haven’t answered my own question.

I’ve noticed that at any moment, I have multiple favourite animals depending on what I am thinking of.

For example, on my profile, I set my favourite animal as being a tiger; I find them to be beautiful creatures, somehow making their savage hunting look magnificent with their overwhelming strength at unnerving speed.

Another one of my favorite animals would be the honeybadger. I just find them to be comically badass (<-- can I do that), and their intelligence paired with their resilience and confidence makes me happy.

Orcas are also a recent animal I have really picked up an interest in. Their intelligence is really astonishing, and the fact that there has never been a recorded causality due to a Orca-attack despite their weaponry in human history blows my mind; some scientists say this could be due to a social norm within Orca-culture which goes against attacking humans, which is absolutely crazy.

I have many more animals which I love - wolves, dogs, beavers, etc. - but I’m pretty sure that would be too many pictures in one post.

(OrganismOverlord) #5

My favorite animal has to be the Dunkleosteus.

It just looks so interesting to me, and the jaw is what gets me. Fossils like this is what has always interested me for years, and I image what these creatures looked like while alive.

(Birds are the best, duh) #6

I have many favorite animals too, but if I have to choose one animal, then I guess it will be…
Pigeon
Yeah, pigeons, they can fly, I really would like to give a long speech for the pigeon’s intelligence, but with my english, it will be a really poor show, so I will use wikipedia article (that is poor show too, but still is better): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pigeon_intelligence