Favorite books, movies and etc

I create that thread to speak about good books,movies and etc, you know. If any threads are were, you can close that thread, but i don’t see ever threads about that. If someone wants, i think in game will add parodies (like in sims). My favorite movies - Pirates of Caribbean. I don’t know why, but it is. And my favorite books now - books from Aisec Asimov. I especially like the collection of books about detective Elijah Bailey and R. Daniel Olivo. And you?

2 Likes

Favorite books: The Upside of Unrequited, The My Teacher is an Alien series, and the Harry Potter books

Favorite movies: The old MIB movies, Hairspray, and Star Wars 4, 5, and 6 (the good ones)

“etc”…

Favorite music: Tainted love by soft cell, Hello, Goodbye by the glee cast, Somebody That I Used to Know by Gotye, and a few “newer” songs like 3 Nights by Dominic Fike, Trampoline by SHAED, and Speak Life by TobyMac

Favorite games: Rain world, Splatoon 2 (specifically the Octo Expansion), Dead Cells, Spore, Thrive, Subnautica, and Minecraft

1 Like
I don’t really have favorite movies, but if I did, I’d say that The Lord of the Rings is my favorite movie series since they were the first movies I ever watched in my entire lifetime.
1 Like

My favorite movies consist of pretty much every Lord of the Rings movies as well as the Harry Potter movies. I also like Troy because of the battle scenes. This leads into why I like Total War games so much, I like watching armies fight.

The only thing I won’t refuse to unironnically listen to is the Spider-man 3 version of Drive that Funky Soul. Yeah, that one.

1 Like

I was watching The Exorcist a moment ago, and I stopped at the moment when

Spoilummary

. . . Regan’s eyes become blank. It’s at ~48 min IIRC.

I’m scarred for life now.

Big necro, but I would like to say that one of my favorite books is Minecraft: The Island.

It’s an extremely well written book where this one person who doesn’t remember anything has to survive in the Minecraft world, but they don’t know anything about Minecraft in the first place. Think of it as Minecraft hardcore mode but written into a book.

I read that book. It was pretty good.

1 Like

I know right? I was surprised it turned out so good. My favorite character was the amnesiac guy, he was a good narrator. But there weren’t any other developed characters in the books so…

I wish more people would talk about the book.

1 Like

I might give that a try at some point. Though the pricing is a bit silly as the kindle edition is more expensive than the physical copy, which would probably take quite a while to be delivered from where amazon.com ships them.

Reading the description of the book, isn’t it simply a western isekai, with a real game the world the characters get transported into:

1 Like

Yes, it sort of is. But the character inside the Minecraft universe doesn’t know who he is or why he even is in the world. He doesn’t know what Minecraft is either. But it is implied that he is a male and he got transported to the Minecraft world because he says that the mobs got stronger overnight, which implies that the game got updated while he was sleeping.

He remembers the old world and its concepts, but he doesn’t remember himself in it.

Amnesia Western Videogame Isekai

Yeah that sounds interesting, I may read it one day.

1 Like

Yeah, it’s really interesting, especially the protagonist, who is a blank slate, but he is surprisingly a well written character.

Hunter X Hunter series (2011)

Here’s one of the most epic and emotional fights in the series.

1 Like