vote 2: hunt some critters

1 Like

Vote 1: Construct spears
Vote 2: Begin hunting the predators

1 Like

Add me to the waiting list too!

3 Likes

So, I have decided to revive this game.

Since I’m not content with the way the game previously worked, I’ve decided to do an overhaul of the game:

New rules

So, I have decided to replace the previous dice roll system with Pandora Horizon’s risk system:
Each vote there will be a risk percentage, the higher it is, the higher the chance of success will be.
But there will also be a 1-10 roll, this roll doesn’t fully determinate the chance of success, but it can have an effect on the impact of the vote.

There are 2 way of getting an additional vote:
One is doing a technological breakthrought.
The second is having you population reproducing 4 times.

Each civ now starts with 100 population, fire controll knowledge and wood spears

So, if you are interested into joining you will have to use this format:

Civ Name:

Species: (see below)

Culture: (can give a bonus to votes, stability or other things)

And these are the species you can choose from

Species

Qualator
A 1,85 (average) meters tall omnivorous bipedal hexapod that stands in an erect position, has 4 eyes 2 majors located in the front of the head and 2 minors located in the sides of the head, Has a dark red skin and a flat mouth. Has light red feathers covering it’s legs. its sense of smell is the most developped sense it has.

Ocaurus

A 1,25 (average) meters tall omnivorous quadrupedal octopod, has 2 eyes located in the front of the head, has a greyish fur all over his body and a 25 cm long mouth. It’s most developped sense its vision.

Edit: I will take 5 players like before

1 Like

Ok, let’s start again:

Civ Name: zerq’wan

Species: Ocaurus

Culture: Reform base on old tail about the evergreen forest, the zerq’s travel to there true the travels between the oasis of the desert, but one day, the biggest oasis haves gone dry and they have to seek a new place. After traveling along time in the Great sands, they found a big lust lake between the monutats. They found the evergreen forest that now they call it home.
They believe in the cycle of live: everything can give and can taken and they all have propes an meaning in the great cycle of life.

Location: semi-tropical forest along side a lake and a shadow mountain deasert

Leader: Andolito
i dont have a backround for him, i think he a blink like the all the tribe, inhanse the culter like hardcore from the deasert and he one of them

I think it’s all u need and I hope it good for u

1 Like

Civ: He-Telatog
Leader: Qilh Daxr
Culture: The He-Telatog have a deeply rooted social hierarchy, but it also allows for great mobility. Those with merit can easily climb up, and those without can just as easily fall to a lower caste. He-Telatog value education and hard work, and shun those who leach off of the group.

1 Like

Civ: Zarzar Dock
Species: Qualator
Culture: This tribal entity is barely on the fringe of being called a civilization. Even its people lack a term to describe a fellow member of the tribe, instead each member are known by their familial name instead. The Zarzarians, as outsiders call them, live under no law except for the laws of the strong and familial kinship. In order to uphold this tradition even in their descendants, a Qualator that reaches it teenage years are sent out into the wilds for a year before they are accepted into the tribe again, to test their strength against mother nature. Although deeply anarchic, there still exists a sense of order as within it are many different familial clans cooperating with each other through loose mutual desires. A head clan leads the tribe until its patriarch is deemed too weak and must duel a challenger clan leader to keep his position of power.

1 Like

Nyurpins
Spicies: octarus
Culture: Plains tribe living on the midpoint of a huge open steppe that stretches from tropical savanna to the arctic. The Nyurpins live in northern areas in a nomadic style, hunting auroch and horses with their main cultural trait: atlatls. The darts are wooden and without a detachable tip though, so no steel-armor killing power. Just pure range really, low power. Horses are tough to kill without range. They migrate south for the winter, value strength, the “Human” rights- i.e. those of the Nyurpin people. Belgium everyone else, they can die. So yeah, they hate most people, like horse meat, and have no moral compass unless its their own citizens at stake.
Location: the same plains as the He-Telatog but thousands of miles to the northeast.

1 Like

It also came to mind that you might want to create a starting leader for your civ

3 Likes

Leader: klipnghalfg the constanent-heavy
She is a gatherer with the gift of beating the living shit out of people, a necessaty for Nyurpin leaders. Her leadership style isn’t too good in war, and it’s main strategy there is to take good enough care of her population that they both produce elite soldiers, and have the moral to lead themselves. She does control the entire economy and has what amounts to a state religion. The state religion is called kraterotranscendism, and is tentants are such:
1 nihalism is the end of an empire and those who have fallen to it cannot be reborn
2 loyalty produces strength, strength produces profection, and profection allows one to transend nihalism.
3 those who are transcended are reborn as people, if they can stay tranceded they can be reborn into spirits.
4 spirits test people in hopes that only the strong will become spirits in turn. As such illness spirits kill only the weak. Loyalty, strength, and transcendance are literal cures under kraterotranscendce. And due to the placebo effect, they work.

Klipnghalfg has an heir named attaNyurp, and he’ll be undefined until I need him, but the people like him.

1 Like

It is mostly good…

But with “nihalism” you mean nihilism? And if you mean nihilism… How do they know what it is if pretty much doesn’t exist yet?

Mostly yeah, but I guess it could be a simpler form of nihalism, just the idea that life doesn’t mean anything, with non of the complexities or implications

Friendly reminder that this message was directed to all players

1 Like

Round 1

Season Spring (1/10)

Zerq’wan

After a long search for a place to call home, you crossed the mountains in hope of finding better land; when you arrived to the other side, what you have seen was amazing: A vast landscape of reddery and thriving life.

As you settle near the great lake that resides inside the forest, it is discovered that your leader died, now the zerq’wans are asking themself who would be best to enact as new leader.

More info

Owner: Doomlighting

Votes: 1

Population: 100

Leader: none (can assign one)

Stability: 0 (neutral, no effect)

Needs: shelter

Culture
General tendencies: Cycle of Life (+10% on votes related to nature)

Specifics: None

Arising: none

Fading: Nomadism
Military and other jobs
Power: 42

Hunters: 40 (1,5)

Enviroment
Current enviroment: Forest, near lake

Temperature: Temperate

Resources: wood (common), stone (uncommon)

Animals: ???

Plants (of interest): ???
Knowledge
Plants (of interest): none

Animals: none

Tools: fire controll, wood spears

Locations: Forest (current location, can be named), lake (in forest, current location, can be named), mountains (north, close, can be named) desert (north, far, can be named)

Resources: wood, stone

Ideas: none

Unknown: none
He-Telatog

The air warms and the last snow disappears making the plains return to their original red colour, marking the start of spring. You emerge from the forest you have been using to take shelter from the winter snows.
Some telatog report about having found a river nearby and propone to move there, others instead want to return inside the forest.

There is uncertainty about what to do in the tribe, maybe someone can settle this?

More info

Owner: Ooferdoofer

Culture
General tendencies: Strong hierarchy (+Strong stability, -change chance), Meritocracy (+10% on votes regarding working, -stability (minor))

Specifics: None

Arising: None

Fading: None
Military and other jobs

Enviroment
Current enviroment: plains

Temperature: temperate

Resources: wood (uncommon), stone (uncommon)

Knowledge

Locations: plains (current location, can be named), forest (near, can be named), river (near, can be named)

Zarzar Dock

As the spring starts, and the snow starts to melt, the clans emerge from the caves they have been taking shelter in for the winter and returned to the taiga. As you returned to the taiga some zarzarian have sensed an interesting smell coming from an area of the taiga.

Unfortunately, the patriarch of the leading clan died right before the start of spring, and tension about which clan will rise to power are starting to arise.

More info

Owner: Positivetower

Species: Qualator

Culture
General tendencies: Weak hierarchy (+fragile stability +change chance), meritocracy (+10% on votes regarding working, -stability (minor))

Specifics: Test of strenght (+15% to votes regarding power, -3% population growth)

Fading: none
Military and other jobs

Enviroment
Current enviroment: Taiga

Temperature: cold

Resources: wood (common), stone (uncommon)

Knowledge

Locations: taiga (current location, can be named), caves (near, can be named)

Nyurpins

You arrive to the taiga just as the snow starts to melt, signifying the start of spring. For the past weeks you have been following your favorite prey’s migration: the holfghorse (see “More info” for… More info.), as some nyurpin started setting up the fire, others have been scouting the surrounding area: some distance from you there is a group of holfghorses and a large river farther away. Some hunters have already hunted a few holfghorse, securing food for the near future.

Now, the nyurpins are refering to Klipnghalfg to know what to do next.

More info

Owner: Deathwake

Leader: Klipnghalfg the constant-heavy (-chance to get war exaustion)

Culture
General tendencies: Nomadic (+10% on votes related to migration, -5% on votes related to settling), Xenophobic (-10% on votes trying friendly interactions with other civilizations, +10 on votes trying hostile interactions with other civilizations)

Specifics: kraterotranscendism (simple religion, +stability strenght, -10% to votes going against it or its teachings)

Fading: none
Military and other jobs
Military Power: 42

Hunters: 40 (1,5 +range because of atlas)

Enviroment
Current enviroment: Tundra

Temperature: cold

Resources: wood (rare), stone (uncommon)

Animals: holfghorse

Knowledge

Animals: holfghorse (medium-big sized, 4 eyed, 6 legged, has grey feathers, herbivore, fast, migratory, can be renamed)

Tools: fire controll, wood spear, atlas

Locations: Tundra (current location, can be named), river (in tundra, big, can be named), savannah (west west-sud, very far, can be named)

Since no one seemed to want to fill the 5th spot I have decided to join with 4 players, but there is still another spot left if someone wants to join.

@doomlightning @PositiveTower @Deathwake @OoferDoofer

2 Likes

the leader of the part of the tribe that wants to go to the river is named Qilh Daxr, and he will try to convince the group that going to the river would be better, as it will provide us with food.

Name the river The He please

1 Like

I think its will be a great idea to find food over there

i think i will choice the more resilient member and make him a leader, call him Grex

i think i will call the forest Qahirry and the lake Viliant, to the mountains Yuzriz and the deaset Habergarg

1 Like

Klipnghalfg shall order the creation of large hide tents for shelter and meat smoking.

1 Like

There is only one way to solve this power struggle, hold a tournament to decide the patriarch through a test of strength and cunning

1 Like