Fun Fact

Simply reply a fact that you think is interesting, be it just learned or otherwise.
Fun Fact: Cephalopods have this ability called RNA Editing. I’ll just have game theory explain Game Theory: Are You a Kid or Squid? - Splatoon SOLVED!

1 Like

Shouldn’t this just be placed in Today I Learned?

I was thinking the same thing. It is pretty similar. But this topic would allow facts that you already know.

The Mitochondrion is the powerhouse of the cell…

Yes I had to do it.

That’s why I started it.

It’s also a bacterium that evolved to become dependent on cells to the point that it became an organelle. Or, at least I think.

Fun Fact: Many insects breath through tiny holes in their abdomen.

Fun fact: Insects are actually incredibly good for you and you should start murdering innocent insectey bois eating them!

Already knew this :b:oi

Did you know that I’m in your closet?

Stop before this becomes a secondary meme thread

1 Like

its a good thing that crabs aren’t related to insects then, otherwise we would be in a lot of trouble.

a l o t o f t r o u b l e

3 Likes

Fun Fact: There are no fun facts

1 Like

10 posts were merged into an existing topic: THE NEW Miscellaneous Talk That Doesn’t Deserve A New Thread Thread Thread

THIS INTERVENTION WILL NOT BE TOLERATED
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Fun Fact: Ferox is latin for vicious

fun fact: your corneas are the only part of your body that doesn’t get oxygen directly from your blood(excluding your lungs since that’s where your blood gets oxygen from), instead they get oxygen directly from the air!

2 Likes

Fun fact: the Recurrent Laryngeal Nerve starts from the brain and branches out of the vagus nerve at the heart location back to the throat. This means that the longer the neck, the longer it gets.

Fun fact: Alcohol fermentation and lactic acid fermentation are not the only forms of anaerobic respiration, but also butyric fermentation and Hydrogen fermentation .

1 Like

fun fact: if you use your muscles fast enough for oxygen to not fully supply their energy needs they will switch to lactic fermentation which also helps your muscles grow and allows your muscles to survive being cramped for long periods of time

Fun Facts: ATP existed before life and RNA and DNA are made of ATP, though it’s not exactly entirely ATP and is actually made of ATP, CTP, UTP, and GTP for RNA, and DNA is made of dATP, dCTP, dGTP, and dTTP.

Fun Fact: ATP synthase is a protein that acts as both an ATP powered pump and an ADP recycling turbine powered by protons trying to become evenly spread throughout an area and probably existed before LUCA

2 Likes

4 billion years ago is the time when life first appeared on Earth. Just 1 billion years before that, the expansion of the universe wasn’t* accelerating, it was switching from deceleration to acceleration. If we had appeared a little bit faster, we may have thought that big crunch is how things would end up.

1 Like