Game Crashes on Reproduction

I got the nucleus (woohoo!) but now the game crashes whenever I try to reproduce and evolve. I reproduced it multiple times (not woohoo). I’ve attached the log and the save file from right before the crash (just press evolve and it will crash). But couldn’t find the .dmp file :confused: sorry.

Please put your logs on pastebin (it won’t let me put too many links in since i’m a new user)

Save file dropbox:

1 Like

So it does crash with that save. Running in the Godot editor I got this stacktrace:

E 0:01:14.905   void System.Buffer.Memmove(System.Byte* , System.Byte* , UInt32 ): System.StackOverflowException: The requested operation caused a stack overflow.
  <C++ virhe>   Unhandled exception
  <C++ lähdekoodi>:0 @ void System.Buffer.Memmove(System.Byte* , System.Byte* , UInt32 )()
  <Pinojäljitys>:0 @ void System.Buffer.Memmove(System.Byte* , System.Byte* , UInt32 )()
                :0 @ void System.String.wstrcpy(System.Char* , System.Char* , Int32 )()
                :0 @ void System.Text.StringBuilder.ThreadSafeCopy(System.Char* , System.Char[] , Int32 , Int32 )()
                :0 @ System.Text.StringBuilder..ctor(System.String , Int32 , Int32 , Int32 )()
                :0 @ System.Text.StringBuilder..ctor(System.String , Int32 )()
                :0 @ System.Text.StringBuilder..ctor(System.String )()
                Mutations.cs:437 @ System.String Mutations.MutateWord(System.String )()
-- this repeats a ton of times --
                Mutations.cs:572 @ System.String Mutations.MutateWord(System.String )()
                Mutations.cs:572 @ System.String Mutations.MutateWord(System.String )()
                :0 @ ()
                Node.cs:526 @ void Godot.Node.AddChild(Godot.Node , Boolean )()
                SceneManager.cs:49 @ Godot.Node SceneManager.SwitchToScene(Godot.Node , Boolean )()
                MicrobeStage.cs:495 @ void MicrobeStage.MoveToEditor()()
                Object.cs:361 @ void Godot.Object.EmitSignal(System.String , System.Object[] )()
                TransitionManager.cs:153 @ void TransitionManager.StartNextQueuedTransition()()
                Object.cs:361 @ void Godot.Object.EmitSignal(System.String , System.Object[] )()
                ScreenFade.cs:105 @ void ScreenFade.OnFinished()()

I opened a new issue:

Hello, sorry for your game experience being impeded by this crash!

I investigated the issue, and this comes from the fact that your species name has its second part being 1-letter long (“T”). We are considering fixes, in the time being you could take the previous generation and give it a different name, if you still have the autosave/any previous save. If you do, please tell us if this does not work.

Thank you for the report!

1 Like