Game launcher comes up with child process exited with code 3221225477

I was next going to suggest you try to compile and run Thrive from the Godot editor to see what happens, but that’s a bit difficult as it requires a fair number of tools: Thrive/setup_instructions.md at master · Revolutionary-Games/Thrive · GitHub

If you do find something out, please let us know. As far as I know you are the first person on whose computer the Godot editor runs fine but Thrive doesn’t.

I managed to get the 32 bit one running for about an hour but now it no longer does so. I am trying to replicate what i did leading up to it to see what can fix the issue in case this happens to anyone else. If there are any alternatives you can think of i would be glad to hear them.

I disabled all the input and output sound devices and that worked in the end, the key was the input devices for some reason, so if godot runs fine but thrive still isnt working then it is the input devices that are somehow messing everything up. Might need to look into that in the future so this issue doesn’t replicate and grow. Audio output should be disabled just in case and it also a bit glitchy having static in it.

Hmmm, well we don’t have a way to control sound output devices in Thrive, so we rely on the engine for that.
It would be nice to find a minimal sample project that just tries to play a sound (and would crash on your computer) with that it’s then easier/possible report the issue to Godot.

1 Like

I have two different sound output devices on my computer so i could test both them to see which one doesn’t like godot by making a small program to run it in.

2 Likes

+++ meaning, I have the same exit code right after it tries to launch the game …
and I wasn’t even able to play the game once … T_T
oh, yeah, latest Win10 … any more info needed?

I don’t think any details besides that you have Windows 10 would help here.

I’m currently working on a crash dump generation system for Godot engine, which will allow us to get more information in these cases. In the meantime, what I said earlier in this thread applies, you can try to download and run the Godot editor to see if that works on your computer or not. I suspect as this is an engine bug, it will not, or at least running a game project through it, will not work.

I’ll keep everyone posted, could take a few hours/days, though …
but the mono 64bit of Godot crashes upon startup, just checked it …

k, I cannot even get Godot to work, so … I think it might be a Godot bug …?

Very likely. So far every single time someone has reported that Thrive doesn’t start for them, it has been a Godot engine problem not working on their computer.

hello, I have a very big problem, I install my launcher on github and when I try to play it shows me that code, but when I tried to enter that code, its said: code is invalid error 403. Now when I try to open game it shows: Detached Process Started. Please help.

What do you mean? Where did you enter the code?

Do you perhaps have an antivirus that is stopping Thrive from starting? Use the option to browse to thrive files from the launcher and try starting “Thrive.exe” directly.

Sorry, but I cant browse to thrive files because i havent got any files and only the launcher.

But if the launcher said it started the Thrive process, it must have been able to extract the Thrive game files to run to a folder on your computer.

Bit Its not. I dont know if I miss something to download, but I have only a Launcher

Dne út 19. 7. 2022 13:01 uživatel hhyyrylainen via Thrive Community Forum <community@revolutionarygamesstudio.com> napsal:

After pressing play once in the launcher, press the options (cog) button to the left of the play button. In the launcher options in the “Installed Versions” tab press “Browse Installed Files” button.

Ok, I did it, now what must I press?

Dne út 19. 7. 2022 14:12 uživatel hhyyrylainen via Thrive Community Forum <community@revolutionarygamesstudio.com> napsal:

Double click “Thrive”, looks like you have filename extensions hidden. You’ll need to ask someone else to teach about that, because I do not want to work as general tech support.

I press it twice, but I dont know if I must wait 10 minutes, because it dont want to open.

Dne út 19. 7. 2022 14:30 uživatel hhyyrylainen via Thrive Community Forum <community@revolutionarygamesstudio.com> napsal:

If it doesn’t open basically instantly it won’t open at all.

Something on your system is basically preventing the Thrive process from starting silently, missing DLLs should give you a popup error message when running directly. Basically I’ve covered all the easy things to check. Someone else hopefully can take over tech support in this thread. Now I’ll get back to working on Thrive.