Game refuses to compile at all


(phage) #1

every time i try to compile the game i get this error message
Graphics.cpp
5>C:\projects\Thrive\ThirdParty\Leviathan\build\ThirdParty\include\OGRE\Hlms/Pbs/OgreHlmsPbs.h(32): fatal error C1
083: Cannot open include file: ‘OgreHlmsBufferManager.h’: No such file or directory [C:\projects\Thrive\ThirdPar
ty\Leviathan\build\Engine\Engine.vcxproj]
5>Done Building Project “C:\projects\Thrive\ThirdParty\Leviathan\build\Engine\Engine.vcxproj” (default targets) –
FAILED.
1>Done Building Project “C:\projects\Thrive\ThirdParty\Leviathan\build\ALL_BUILD.vcxproj” (default targets) – FAI
LED.

Build FAILED.

   "C:\projects\Thrive\ThirdParty\Leviathan\build\ALL_BUILD.vcxproj" (default target) (1) ->
   "C:\projects\Thrive\ThirdParty\Leviathan\build\Engine\Engine.vcxproj" (default target) (5) ->
   (ClCompile target) ->
     C:\projects\Thrive\ThirdParty\Leviathan\build\ThirdParty\include\OGRE\Hlms/Pbs/OgreHlmsPbs.h(32): fatal error
   C1083: Cannot open include file: 'OgreHlmsBufferManager.h': No such file or directory [C:\projects\Thrive\ThirdP
   arty\Leviathan\build\Engine\Engine.vcxproj]

0 Warning(s)
1 Error(s)

Time Elapsed 00:00:06.81

ERROR: Failed to compile Leviathan
Stack trace for error:
Setup.rb:183:in block in <main>' Setup.rb:172:inchdir’
Setup.rb:172:in `’

ERROR: Leviathan Failed to Compile. Are you using a broken version? or has the setup process changed between versions
Stack trace for error:
C:/projects/Thrive/RubySetupSystem/Dependency.rb:216:in block in Compile' C:/projects/Thrive/RubySetupSystem/Dependency.rb:214:inchdir’
C:/projects/Thrive/RubySetupSystem/Dependency.rb:214:in Compile' C:/projects/Thrive/RubySetupSystem/Installer.rb:199:inblock in run’
C:/projects/Thrive/RubySetupSystem/Installer.rb:190:in each' C:/projects/Thrive/RubySetupSystem/Installer.rb:190:inrun’
C:/projects/Thrive/SetupThrive.rb:94:in `’


(𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐆𝐨𝐝 𝐄𝐦𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐨𝐫 𝐨𝐟 𝐒𝐞𝐚𝐟𝐨𝐨𝐝) #2

I think the problem here is that you are abusing the crank shaft, causing the system to overheat.


(phage) #3

what do you mean?
i literaly followed all of the instructions on github step by step and it will not compile


(𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐆𝐨𝐝 𝐄𝐦𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐨𝐫 𝐨𝐟 𝐒𝐞𝐚𝐟𝐨𝐨𝐝) #4

I was kidding.
But just so I can actually assist, have you by any chance installed it prior to this time?
If the game is exposed to old files, it can get iffy.


(phage) #5

no not in all, infact, this is on a pc that has windows freshly installed on it


(𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐆𝐨𝐝 𝐄𝐦𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐨𝐫 𝐨𝐟 𝐒𝐞𝐚𝐟𝐨𝐨𝐝) #6

Hmmmm…
in that case, wait for someone who actually works on the code to answer, cause I have no idea how to solve this.
All I can see is that a file is missing.


(phage) #7

thank you for helping me, i tired to get their attention on discord but they seem to either ignore me or be bussy


(𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐆𝐨𝐝 𝐄𝐦𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐨𝐫 𝐨𝐟 𝐒𝐞𝐚𝐟𝐨𝐨𝐝) #8

Its a-ok.
It usually takes a 24 hrs before everyone puts in their two cents. Before then, you may get lucky i dunno.
Also, the discord can be pretty unreliable at times, so beware.


#9

You didn’t post the full log. That error is about Ogre headers. I’m interested in the whole thing, which will include information about if the Ogre compile succeeded or not).

I thought that maybe Ogre got updated and this error popped up but I just tried latest Ogre and it worked. So please post the actual full command output to pastebin.com as it’s going to be long.

Not really helping.

It’s hard to respond while I’m sleeping…

Edit: it seems Ogre build failed on CI. Maybe it’s time to switch to using specific Ogre commits as just going with their 2.1 branch seems to cause issues.


(𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐆𝐨𝐝 𝐄𝐦𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐨𝐫 𝐨𝐟 𝐒𝐞𝐚𝐟𝐨𝐨𝐝) #10

Oi, I don’t know what system they are playing it on! For all we know it may be on a motorbike


(phage) #11

https://pastebin.com/4XZa6DJL here is the full log


#12

That’s still not the full log. The full log should be many times longer. Your terminal likely cut off the beginning. You’d have to redirect the output to a file to get the full log (if you don’t know how google “how to redirect command output to file in windows”).

I think there is a problem with a new Ogre version. I just cleaned out my Ogre files and now I get the same error.
I’ll try to resolve this ASAP (I have tons of school work to do, though).

Edit: I made a new commit to Thrive to hopefully fix it.
Edit2: It is now fixed in CI at least.


(phage) #13

ok, here is the new full log (on the new iteration of the game)
https://pastebin.com/AGUCwgtg


#14

Based on the fact that the setup used precompiled Ogre I don’t think you used the latest thrive commit. You need to be on the master branch and use “git pull” to get the latest changes. The setup seemed to fail because SFML was incorrectly cloned. Delete the Leviathan/ThirdParty/SFML folder and try again with the latest Thrive commit.